• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    should have followed the advice of the support/wiki page. http://wiki.lxle.net
    Thanked by 1installer
  •   Brute force (since sudo poweroff didn’t work) and I’m kicking the tires. But will this last for a few years without reinstallation? Cause now that it is under 16.04.2 and I switched the machine on it grumbled for half a screen at something like being unable to read several things.
  • Hello,

I tried to run your lxle 16.04.3 32 bit on my Samsung R50 with a 1.73 GHz Centrino and a memory upgraded to 2 GByte. I have successfully installed and run original Ubuntu 16.04.3 on that machine, but wanted a more lightwight linux for better performance. I tried to run lxle from a USB drive as well as from a DVD. After showing the messages

grub-common.service
    lm-sensors.service
    networking.service
    [ OK ] Started Authenticate and Authorize Users to Run Privileged Taks.
    polkitd.service
    [ OK ] Started Accounts Service.
    accounts-deamon.service

the PC goes to stand by mode and after waking it up by pressing the ON button, it shows

[ 133.202250] NMI: PCI system error (SERR) for reason b1 on CPU 0.
    [ 133.202251] Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
    [ 133.800256] NMI: PCI system error (SERR) for reason b0 on CPU 0.
    [ 133.800257] Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

It then shows some more error messages and goes to stand by some more times, but does not finish booting linux.

I tried multiple times and even burned a second DVD to be sure, that there is nothing wrong with the disk. But the result stays the same.

Can you help, what went wrong? Can I fix it?

Thanx and best regards
    Andreas
  • This forum looses entered texts on pressing "Post Reply"...
    I've written a pretty long post, that is lost now.
    In short, it said, use FAT32 in PenDriveLinux/Universal USB Installer:
    https://i.postimg.cc/857VwSfJ/image.png NTFS mode doesn't work for some reason
    Testing LXLE 18.04.3 (64-Bit) on DELL-XPS-M1530
    "Needless to say, LXLE is a speedy, low resource using beast of an OS."
  • I guess one doesn't /really/ start a /new/ thread about Installation. Just /adds/ to this existing one. Let's see.
    Sincerely,

TopCatTPX24
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Just click on the button that says "Post New Thread"
  • My installation stopped. Cannot write to a partition near umint and windows?

• Klopt.
  • hoe kan ik hier scherafdruk van gparted plaatsen
  • I'm having trouble installing to Hyper-V. The live OS starts and installation proceeds as expected but I just get a Grub screen at boot.