• vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    When someone bumps into an issue booting on an old AMD system with LXLE 12.04.4 32bit.
    Try formating the usb flash drive (Fat32) with KDE Partitioner and put the files on it with usb-creator-kde ( when installed is named - Startup Disk Creator.
  • I've downloaded and double checked 3 times the iso, used netbootin, Linux Live usb creator (Lili) and Universal USB, Installation starts but almost at the end it gives an Installer error (something like that, I do it in spanish) and an option to send a report (which doesn't happens after I click on accept) then just stand the Desktop and nothing happens, if I try to reboot it takes forever for closing session and I've waited for half an hour and it's a no-go, If I restart the machine, stays on  loading forever too, I have an Acer Aspire 3690, too bad I couldnt find something like that on google, I don't know what to do, I guess I'll will have to stick to ElementaryOS, 
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Don't use unetbootin, its not listed as an option for a reason. Use startup disk creator or dd. I left Unetbootin a while back after inconsistent 'burns' to usb.
    Thanked by 2nrgmaster Zaka
  • BEST
    DISTRO EVER
    . At least vista and before pc's.

Quick
    background on me, Linux hobbyist, burned out programmer, Novell guy
    that, 10 years ago got sick for a year, lost my company, and now work
    as the on-site guy for a national Geek company. not "squad"

I get customer getting systems upgrades or Dead HDD’s, that they want
    me to haul off their old equipment.
    So I Referb the units and install LXLE
    12.04 then give them to charity.

Trying to use the14.04 install ISO and
    can't get the direct install option to work,have to use safe live to get in, I
    tried it on several Intel based vista units and laptops.It installed fine after I got to the
    live screen.

I have to change the Samba Default for
    it to see Windows shares.Netbios section Dns proxy =
    yes; Add the “name resolve order = bcast host lmhost wins”.
    (Got this off the boards). Then everything works great.

I can't find "control center", was it
    removed??

Once again

BEST
    DISTRO EVER.

Please move this to correct form.

• OtakuN3rdOtakuN3rd
    PMPosts: 28
    If you're creating the USB drive from a Windows system, I have found Rufus to be a very reliable utility:  http://rufus.akeo.ie/

It also preserves the LXLE boot option config instead of using a custom one like Unetbootin does.

Rufus version 1.2 can even create a bootable Windows XP flash drive from an ISO.  The newer versions support bootable Vista/7/8 dusk creation.
    Current LXLE systems:

Dell Inspiron 530 - Intel Core2 Duo E7300 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350, ViewSonic 19" 1280x1024 and Benq 17" 1280 x 1024.

IBM Thinkpad R51, Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache, 2GB DDR RAM, Mobility Radeon 7500 GPU

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Quadro 110M
  • hello

A total noob here, I had Lubuntu 14.04 installed on an IBM T42 Thinkpad (Pentium M 1,7 with 1 GB of RAM) but i came across LXLE and loved it so i installed 12.4 using Unetbootin.

However the following issues make my life difficult and i think will keep anyone from adopting LXLE:

1. When booting, it begins with Intel boot agent, then it quits, then it displays a selection screen with 4 options (LXLE, LXLE safe mode i think, memory test, memory test with something else) for which i have to press the desired option or wait until the selected one is processed.

Any way we can shorten the boot time?

2. I cannot get the toggle on/off WIFI shortcut in the thinkpad (Fn + F5) to work so my only option is the wired connection.

3. Any way we can set the computer to sleep when the lid is closed or after say 10 minutes of inactivity? (And then wake up with the press of any button, something that currently cannot be achieved after getting it to sleep via the shutdown menu?)

Many thanks in advance.

• lxlelxle
    sounds like your still booting off the live dvd/usb and not booting from the installation to the harddrive, the memory test and such is only available on the live dvd/usb not when installed to the harddrive.
  • Nope, the usb drive is removed, could this be due to creating it with Unetbootin?
  • lxlelxle
    doubtful

post a screenshot of your boot menu if you can, doesn't sound like a proper install