• I too had problems installing LXLE.  First the installer icon on the desktop stalled completely a few seconds in.  Then I rebooted live CD and tried install from splash.  No go there either.  Dead in the water.  Then I remembered that I could go into the FileSystem/User/Share/Applications file and find the installer icon there.  A couple of clicks there and the thing took off and I was finally able to install the distro.  I was ready to give up on it but so glad I persevered.  My live CD was a torrent download for 32-bit.  It seems the frontend-gtk may not be working right.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Will take a look, would be interested if this also occurs in the release candidate of lxle.
  • i have the same problem even with the latest release:
    tried unibootin, yumi,...

just get the white stripe dotting.

Only usb is the option for installing.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    GDiskDump, DD, Startup Disk Creator, Pendrive Linux, and unetbootin all work consistently in testing.
  • vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    Hello Fellow LXLE-lians :D

Has anyone tried to install LXLE on a Minix Neo X5 or X7 Android mini PC yet?

The cheapest version looks like this:
    http://dx.com/p/neo-x5-rk3066-android-4-0-google-tv-player-w-wi-fi-tf-1gb-ram-16gb-rom-black-176074#.UuoBgpXh6V4

The more higher end current version looks like this:
    http://dx.com/p/minix-neo-x7-quad-core-android-4-2-2-google-tv-player-mini-pc-w-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-bluetooth-eu-plug-234465#.UuoBzZXh6V4

The speccs are readable on those links.
    What processor and what instructions set there could be and what graphics it has.

Some in-depht videos about those:

Would be super awesome if LXLE Linux would work on those :)
    Affordable and very meagre power usage.

And with the full models it has just about enough I/O for the average joe end user.
    Stereo in and out, SPDIF, HDMI, USB 2.0, SD card reader, Wifi N, Bluetooth, ethernet :)
    And ofcourse a power button whom we all love to have when something goes wrong :D

Thank you in advance
    vaikus84
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    PMPosts: 0
    Yikes.  Amazing little machine.  Thanks for the post.  Would a person really want to change it?  However, yes, Linux rules.  A mini PC for LXLE.  hmmm.  creative challenge.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
    Thanked by 1vaikus84
  • Android is good and all. But Linux is awesome on a machine like this.
    Think of the possibilities ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    PMPosts: 0
    @vaikus84    Thanks for the link.  So, are you going to be the tester for LXLE on minix?   If it works out for you, then make sure you start a new thread on  the Forums.  Best of luck!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
  • I'm still waiting on the machines because of the Chinese new year thing.