• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    for 32bit 12.04.5

for 64bit 14.04.1
    Thanked by 1zephyrir
  • "You can use the same tool, just skip step one..."

One can not skip step one because then you can not choose the iso file. Anyway, in step 1 I set "try unlisted linux" but it did not boot from USB again. Earlier I created the USB installer by choosing "LXLE Desktop" from the list in UUI.
  • lxlelxle
    There is a 'browse' button next to step two, thats what you use to select your download iso. Perhaps try unetbootin instead.
  • Hi, I'm new on this Forum and trying to install my first Linux on Asus Aspire One.

I made USB stick with ISO and Unetbootin, and LXLE works fine straight from USB. Installation also went through ok, but after reboot I get only black screen. Ctrl-Alt-F1 opens terminal, and I can login etc, and Ctrl-Alt-F7 opens half of GUI, like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8eh32vqy2yw4tf/Photo 16.1.2015 9.01.08.jpg

Pointer moves like "eraser in Windows Paint", and it also goes over the top, appearing from the lower edge of GUI at the middle of screen

Any ideas?

Edit: hmmm, pic shows if you open it in new tab
  • dentondenton
    PMPosts: 8
    I picked up a new (old) Lenovo computer and Installed a 500 g HD. I installed windows 7 pro and when I got it running smoothly I was going to install LXLE into my machine but when it got to what it was to do, it said format the the disk, install secure or something else. I selected something else and that is where it said format the disk. So i got Gparted on a stick and ran that and the first was like a minimum like 100 Mb labeled system reserved and then windows.Well maybe I can format about 1/2 to linux.

Well it still says format the disk. HELP!!!

Denton  
  • lxlelxle
    http://superuser.com/questions/744916/ubuntu-14-04-installer-doesnt-show-existing-partitions

This also happened to me, Windows 7 is installed using the plain old bios with mbr, not uefi using gpt. So for me when I booted from a usb stick I could see the two version of LXLE one was non uefi and the other was uefi, I picked non uefi and it saw windows 7 no problem. Each time I booted using UEFI it could not see windows 7.

If you can't 'pick' between the two version of lxle at boot, then simply turn off uefi in the bios.
  • dentondenton
    PMPosts: 8
    I am HAPPY!!!!!!!!! It now works Thanks to lxle!
  • The only glitch I have discovered in the 32-bit installation of 14.04 was that it failed when I selected "download updates while installing."  Letting the installer run without downloading updates until after installation solved it.

The 64-bit install went well, but some leftover Xubuntu config files (I'm guessing) have made the panels and launchers wonky.  I'll fiddle with it later when I have time.

Many thanks for this awesome distro!

• Attempt 1: Shut down on Creating a user stage. More than half an hour no new log appeared.

Attempt 2 got more dramatic: was unable to shut down or reboot from a terminal. The terminal just didn’t react to the keys. Had to shut down in the forced manner.

Attempt 3: I pressed the keys but all I heard were the bleep sounds which let me understood the keys were pressed. No DVD at that time cause I followed the instruction to remove the DVD. Win 7 had already been erased.

Attempt 4: “Copying almost finished”. No report on having successfully installed LXLE, black screen. Pressed a key in 40 minutes but saw the frozen screen.

Attempt 5: Thousands SQUASHFS-Unable-to-read errors once I pressed restart upon installation got complete.

32 bit. 16.04.2 (Direct). Simply burnt the ISO on my laptop following advice Google had offered. 2007 Acer.

Shall I spend days trying to succeed inserting my DVD on and on like I've been doing since yesterday?