Compatible Laptops and Netbooks for LXLE
  • I did a HD install via YUMI (multi boot) whilst trying out several distros.  The parent buntus found my wifi
    driver pre install, but not after install (very frustrating!).  Only LXLE worked flawlessly.  My first port of call had been Mint...which had the same wifi issue.  Glad now it didn't work for me!

I'm using a HP min-compaq Netbook, 1GB RAM, 60GB HD, 1.6GHz Atom

CPU usage at 2% after bootup.  Works very well. Have completely replaced XP.  I'm online now within 2 minutes, compared to the previous 6 or 7....
  • JadedJaded
    PMPosts: 20
    Lenovo S10-2 netbook.  atom 1.6, 1gb ram. 

After several downloads, trying 4 different usb flash drives,  and 3 different usb creators I finally got it.  Everything seems to be running good.  I tried a couple other netbook distros, they were all chrome/linux o/s types,  and although fast - LXLE offers much more and was worth the work. 
  • JakobJakob
    PMPosts: 30
    Guess it would be a lot shorter thread if it were focused on which pc's does NOT work with lxle :D

• #1 Model Dell Latitude D520
    #2 Core 2 Duo
    #3 80  GB 5400 RPM HDD)
    #4 Ram 2 Gb
    #5 Video card Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller
    #6 Audio device: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01) 

I have a strange issue with my soundcard: When I use a headset, sound continues to play through the speakers too. How can I correct this? Google has not been my friend here.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1borunco
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    menu>sound&video>pulse audio volume control
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Sony VAIO (Dell branded) PCG7133L
    Intel T2390 1.87ghz
    2 gb ram 140gb hd

This one was so under whelming I couldn't even get into the BIOS to see if it was 64bit.  It had 32bit Vista crammed on it and it was one sick puppy.  Even VAIO support lacked model number support.

The CPU is 64bit so I took a chance and planted the latest 64bit 14.04.2 and it took root.  Got it up and running with all updates in less than an hour and all is working out of the box.

It's as speedy as a rig with only 2gb memory can be and will be used for web surfing, email and playing the odd video.

Gave it to the owners (a young couple who currently smart phone everything) with the default install and headed them in the right direction.  I expect they will have questions, and if so, I'll invest the needed effort to keep them happy.  At least this 'gift' laptop is now useable.

Will post back if probs arise.
    Thanked by 1borunco
  • Following up my initial post about LXLE on the Packard Bell Dot S - one major problem was the the Fn and the brightness control app didn't work, so I was unable to dim the brightness, which was necessary for me to use the netbook at night. I've replaced LXLE with Peppermint which solves that problem. (Upgraded the netbook to 2 GB RAM.)
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The brightness control app automatically determines your setup and adjust itself accordingly, you must click 'ok' in order for the settings to be applied.
  • #1 Model Acer 3630 laptop (2006)
    #2 Celeron M - 1.5 MHz
    #3 80  GB
    #4 Ram 1.5 Gb
    #5 Video card SiS661 (?)

LXLE 12.04.5 works smoothly and fast.... except videos. All movies are jerky and unwatchable. I am afraid that there is no suitable driver, as Sis661 sucks but it was working properly with WinzozXP. Any idea to fix that?
    * Enthusiast of the lightweight *
    Distros: no.1 Bodhi Linux 2.4 (my first Linux), no.2 LXLE (the best for the oldest toys), no.2 Mint 17.2 Cinnamon/Xfce (the easy way)
    Thanked by 1borunco
  • Fujitsu siemen Amilo Li 1705
    original os: MS windows vista basic
    proc: i686 stepping 1.6g intel pentium duall core (x64bitt not compattibel)  
    Mem: 2.5g kingston 533mghz
    Gpu: Via chrome 9 hc ipg family
    Linux LxLe 14.04 x86 runs good and fast in 

upgraded proc: 1.7 intel centrino duall core T5500 
    Linux LxLe 14.04 x64 runs good grahpic is some what pore lots of red en green dots with pictures

overall personal score 96% fine

Thanked by 1borunco