Compatible Laptops and Netbooks for LXLE
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    battery info is located in the conky box
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Nice if there were, but there is no battery info in the default Conky display on the 12.04.4 install the T400.  Perhaps it has been included in the more recent releases?

I burned the 64bit iso on 2.28.14
  • There is a battery charge conky item included in the 12.04.4 Revisited latest release...
    Thanked by 2Zaka jcglt
  • ZakaZaka
    The 'revisited' is 32 bit.  Not going there.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    14.40 is 64bit and has what your looking for.
  • ZakaZaka
    Thanks, LXLE, I may get adventuresome, but am quite happy with the 12.04.4 offering.  Even with that release there's a fair amount of tweaking (as with all new installs) to get things to my liking.

From what I've followed here in the forum threads, there's been a great deal of brow beating and oopsies with the 14.04 release.  So much so, I'm not willing to chance all the work-arounds to get it to behave when 12.04 does the job amply.

My 'splorin' days are over.  LXLE does a masterful job at offering me a desktop that stays out of the way, offers the look I prefer and behaves predictably when I 'suspend' the pc.  Besides, it's not loaded with all the eye candy, chin straps and hand rails associated with Ubuntu and Mint; and therefore, is fast and supported thru 2017.  What's not to like?

btw, After having run LXLE on both my desktops since December and comparing to Mint17 recently, I'm even more convinced to stop distro hopping.  That is why I finally decided to lose the Mint 13 on the T400 and install the 12.04.  Still no regrets ~ even the Battery Info indicator on the panel offers the info via stats when clicked.  I can live with that! 
  • HowdyHowdy
    PMPosts: 12
    I installed the 1404-64 bit on my Acer Netbook. Installed using an external ASUS USB DVD drive.

#1 Model (Acer Aspire One Netbook 722)
    #2 Processor type (2x AMD C60 with Turbo CORE 1.33 ghZ)
    #3 Storage (500 GB 5400 RPM HDD)
    #4 Ram (4 Gig of DDR 3 RAM)
    #5 Video card ([AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6290])
    #6 Network controller: (Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn)
    #7 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler HDMI Audio

I was really impressed with how smooth the installation went. Especially impressed with the fact that it connected to my Wifi during install, and that it carried over the Wifi setup into the actual installation. After the initial reboot, it connected right up to the wifi! 

YouTube videos and sound work. The Fn+screen brightness keys work, but the Fn+sound level doesn't seem to work, at least not on YouTube. Everything else just works!

Oh, one thing, after a full update, I noticed that I have two Wifi Connection icons in the System Tray. The mouse-over pop up is identical for both. 

Other than that I am totally pleased with LXLE on my netbook.
    Home built AMD64 tower, or, Lenovo X140e Netbook
    Thanked by 2lxle borunco
  • ZakaZaka
    Howdy ~ You can lose the double network icon:  http://lxle.net/forum/#/discussion/460/how-to-keep-from-running-at-startup
    Thanked by 1Howdy
  • K7AAYK7AAY
    PMPosts: 13
    Lenovo Thinkpad R60i 9459-AT8
    Intel Core2 Duo T5600 (1.83GHz)
    Samsung SSD 320GB
    2 GB of DDR 2, 3GB max usable
    Onboard Intel 945GM Intel GMA950 video

Lenovo Thinkpad T400 2675-82U
    Intel Core2 Duo T7200 (2GHz)
    WD3200BEVT HDD
    8 GB of DDR 2, 6GB max usable  with LXLE (?)
    Onboard Intel GMA950 video
    Thanked by 1borunco
  • PogoPogo
    PMPosts: 9
    Asus Eee PC 900

Intel Celeron 900 MHz

2G Memory

16G SSD (not used, running off USB)
    1024 x 600 display
    Thanked by 1borunco