LXLE 14.04.2 & 12.04.5 SMS Betas Now Available.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    LXLE 14.04.2 and 12.04.5 SMS Editions Betas now available.

All software packages have been updated to their latest stable version given their native environment.

A special thanks to Jeff Hoogland of Bodhi Linux for his help enabling UEFI support in the 64bit edition of LXLE.

Changes include SeaMonkey Web Browser and its components which replace standalone software that was originally included in LXLE.

These include Claws Mail, Filezilla, Osmo, Xchat that have been replaced by the standard components of SeaMonkey with the addition of Lightning (Calendar/Scheduler) and FireFTP.

The reason for the change is a long one that can be read here, you can also try our modifications to SeaMonkey without installing LXLE.

All other software remains the same, no other additions nor changes have occurred outside of usual updates and adjustments to menus and docks to accommodate the new application replacements.

SeaMonkey and its components have been updated/modified to provide an excellent set of features and user interface while remaining a lightweight and fully functional feature rich web browsing experience.

This is the first Beta of LXLE 14.04.2 and 12.04.5 with the SeaMonkey Suite. They are meant for testing not production machines. We rarely release alphas since LXLE is a respin of Lubuntu. However our betas can change significantly before actual release. These are for testing only and bug reports.

You can download either the 14.04.2 64bit or 12.04.5 32bit at SourceForge.

• boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    Cool will start testing tomorrow.
    B-)
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Are the linux headers for  3.13.0-47-generic missing?
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    For which one, the 12.04.5 will not have that.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • rfry85rfry85
    for 14.04.2 beta
  • lxlelxle
    I don't usually include the headers in order to reduce ISO size.
  • rfry85rfry85
    I can't seem to find it in the repo either.
  • lxlelxle
    What repo? The headers are a standard part of the standard ubuntu repositories.
  • rfry85rfry85
    There is no package listed in synaptic as "linux-headers-3.13.0-47-generic" and I can't install nvidia without it.

There is a "linux-headers-3.13.0-46-generic" but it doesn't seem to work with the stock kernel (unsurprisingly)!
  • lxlelxle
    Then do a search by name for "linux-headers" and see what pops up. That's not something LXLE dictates, if it's not there it's because Ubuntu doesn't have it, nothing to do with us.
  • lxlelxle
    I'm on the 32bit right now and it's available. I'll jump to the 64bit side to see if it's missing. If it is, then it hasn't made it into the 64bit repositories yet, probably on it's way, but thats something the ubuntu team and kernel developers add to the repos, not us.