LXLE 14.04.2 & 12.04.5 SMS Betas Now Available.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    I'll just downgrade the kernel then, but it is strange!
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    This might be do to LXLE utilizing 'proposed' updates. At times some software that accompanies upgrades available in proposed updates lags behind a couple days. I enable proposed updates to remedy bugs before other distro's may, it's a risk usually worth taking.
  • rfry85rfry85
    That would make sense. I'll keep checking for it. I went ahead and down graded for now.

Everything so far is running real well for me. I like the seamonky install. It was easy to set up and google calendar plugs right into lightning.
  • lxlelxle
    Cool, so the seamonkey mod seem relatively good?
  • rfry85rfry85
    Yep, I was surprised how well they all worked. But I've only used seamonkey in puppy linux and it wasn't nearly as well set up. 
  • lxlelxle
    Thx, some distro maintainers don't get into setting up the apps. I think most times its warranted. Particularly in the case of SeaMonkey.
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    Got 14.04.2 Beta install on my big problem rig, so far it,s working real good. I like seamonkey, but I have noticed that the sync option is still on the old sync and that,s going by by pretty soon I had to change my sync account, not to loose anything. LXLE can you find out if that can be updated to the new sync format? Other then that I like the speed of Seamonkey. I'm a Firefox fan boy and didn't have success in installing Seamonkey in the past so it's nice to see it  in LXLE.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • lxlelxle
    According to the SeaMonkey mailing list, this issue is on the front burner to be resolved shortly. They are very aware of it and they have no plans of dropping it or letting it go. So hopefully within an update or two, it will be up to date.
  • lxlelxle
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/sync

might be a good idea to join the mailing list and help keep it on the front burner.

https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-seamonkey
    Thanked by 1borunco
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    I thought it might be, but didn't know I will join the mailing list. I try not to use the sync option and just copy/replace my .mozilla folder but it did not work with Seamonkey for some reason.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit