LXLE 14.04.2 & 12.04.5 SMS Betas Now Available.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Note: userstyles.org looks completely different without the 'style' we included for the site itself. :)
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    This is an old question, and I should know by now, but will I be able to keep upgrading this beta to the final release?

My wife's been complaining about how slow firefox and google chrome run on her 32 bit install, so I had her try the new 14,04,2 beta live and she never complained once, except it froze on walmarts site until I turned off the blue firewall, but other than that she loved it's speed.

I myself, haven't had any trouble with it at all, and it is noticably faster and smoother.

I am thinking about installing the beta on her machine. The live usb ran flawlessly (except for seamonkey/walmart) on her Dell Studio 2.6 ghz core 2 duo, 3 gb ram pc. which is 64 bit capable. It hasn't liked other 64 bit OS's in the past but this one is running really good in live mode anyway.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    it will update sure, but if I make any minor changes to the interface and such they won't appear through the updates, what you could do is install seamonkey and the seamonkey mod that is available here. on her current machine. The walmart website needs to have bluhell firewall disabled to work properly I discovered.
    Thanked by 1rfry85