Installation Failed
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Weird, if this was a common issue however the forums would be filled with installation failure at the end of install with the 64bit. Unfortunately I can not reproduce such an error/situation so not able to troubleshoot it.
  • Oh boy... I'm having the same problem. AMD Athlon (not II) X4 on ASUS motherboard, nvidia 9500Gt pciE video card. Tried installing from USB first (YUMI installer old and new), DVD, USB boot created from live LXLE desktop, and into 2 different hard drives (Seagate 500Gb SATA, now unusable, and an old Samsung 120Gb IDE).

Also tried several ways of making the partitions (from installer, from live desktop, hiren bootCD, Gparted), non installing third party software and with and without internet connection...

I also tried with the 14.04.1 Beta on sourceforge and nothing... (I checked the md5sum of every .iso).
    The problem is always on the same step of installation, at the end, when it says that its uninstalling unnecesary packages (It shows that it is uninstalling ubiquity-something-gtk).

Man, I love LXLE 12.04. And I'm writting this on a notebook with it installed (As it is my only working pc right now I don't want to try installing 14.04 on this) but I really need that other machine working.

It is late right now and I'm sleepy, so when I can I will try turning off screensaver and auto monitor power off as suggested some posts earlier, and then... lubuntu.

Thank you.
    I'm Hoping to find a solution before my break ends.

PD: sorry for any error and my poor english. (Maybe installing on english will work?, I tried in spanish only...)
  • Has anyone used unetbootin to create thier live usb? 
  • OH MY GOD.... It's a BUG!!!! Tried the installer and installation on ENGLISH and It worked!!! (I did leave on spanish the input).

WOW.
  • I've installed LXLE 32 bit (previous version & revisited) on 27 computers. So, no problem for me with the 32bit versions. However, I still haven't been able to install the 64bit 14.04 version on any system that I have tried.

It has to be some kind of bug, as I have tried all possible options (unetbootin, pendrive linux, live usb creator, dvd, various types of usb sticks formatted in FAT32 or FAT) and I have also downloaded the torrent three times already.

The live system boots up fine, but shortly before the end of installation, the installer always crashes. (Options while installing: system language - Greek, keyboard language - English US)

Any ideas on how I need to proceed? I am trying to install LXLE 64bit on relatively new and powerful PCs in a school.

• lxlelxle
    Turn off UEFI if the new machines have it.
  • There's no UEFI option in BIOS and I am not using Windows. It is the installer that crashes and quite a few people have reported this exact issue in Lubuntu 14.04 as well as LXLE.
  • lxlelxle
    try installing without using any installer options such as updates, codecs and encrypting home.
  • Unfortunately, I have tried all that but still, I have been unable to install LXLE on our 64bit systems. I also asked some friends in Cyprus to try to install the 64bit version and they didn't manage to do so either.

I've just downloaded and installed Lubuntu 64bit without any issues. However, we want to use LXLE.

Any ideas on how we need to proceed?

Thank you in advance.
  • lxlelxle
    Nope, I install the 64bit often without issue, perhaps try using dd, or startup disk creator instead of unetbootin