Installation Failed
  • I am having the same problem with LXLE 12.04.4 32 bit everytime the installer crashes. I have tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. If there is something new to try please let me know. Thanks

Dell D800 Laptop
    Pentium M 1.6Ghz
    60Gb HDD
    Intel graphics card

• @lxle  I am seeing a common thread here regarding the 64 bit install of LXLE.

BlackSabbath who started the thread is from Brazil where they speak Portuguese, I will make the assumption that he tried to install in Portuguese and it failed.

Next up we have  jinxed who tried installing in Spanish. He then had the thought that maybe it would work in English. In a post the next day he writes:

"OH MY GOD.... It's a BUG!!!! Tried the installer and installation on ENGLISH and It worked!!! (I did leave on spanish the input).

WOW."

He found the bug and a work around.

In searching for an answer as I was trying to install the 14.04 64 bit LXLE in German. This too failed but installing from the same media in English did work.

This appears to not only affect the 14.04 64 bit version but also possibly the LXLE 12.04.4 32 bit as user kmb101 writes he is having the same problem.

Another problem that I uncovered with the 14.04 64 bit LXLE, is that it is not possible to install the partitions using LVM. The needed LVM programs are not installed on the Live CD. If you install them while running the live CD then you can install using LVM but the installation fails to boot, presumably because the need LVM programs were not installed.

Both of these problems are repeatable and should be added to the issue tracker to be fixed.

The first can be duplicated by trying to install LXLE 64 bit 14.04 or 12.04.4 32 bit in a language other than English. We have proof that this happens in Portuguese, Spanish, and German. My guess is it affects all languages.

The second problem can be duplicated by trying to install with the 14.04 64 bit LXLE (may also affect 12.04.4 32 bit, did not test) then select to set up the partitions to using LVM.

I hope this helps someone else trying to install in another language and that it will get fixed shortly on the installation images. 
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    installing ibus-gtk fixes the language problem, if you figure out the lvm problem i'll include the fix
  • I had this. Boot into live mode. After the OS loads up, click install icon on the desktop. Installation works smoothly. No idea why, weird eh
    :)>-
  • @lxle  Start a live installer then open gparted. Go file system support in the menu. Check lvm support. It will tell you which packages are missing. They need to be installed(on the DVD when it is burned)  as installing them on the live boot did not mean they got installed on the hard drive, which is what I ran into. I was able to install the lvm utilities to allow the install to finish but when I rebooted in had no lvm support so the system would not fully boot. That is when I gave up and reinstalled without lvm.
  • lxlelxle
    thanks, throw it in a bug report at http://www.lxle.net/bugs so it's sure to be addressed by the next point release
  • @lxle

I would file a bug report but I am running into the same problem that I had here on the forums. I never get the emails to confirm my account nor to reset my password.

Also there is a warning in red letters on the Mantis login page "Warning: Admin directory should be removed.http://www.lxle.net/bugs/login_page.php

Frederick
  • lxlelxle
    just tested by using reset password and email arrived, perhaps there is a filter with your email service that may be the culprit.
  • @lxle  What email address is the email being sent from?  Does it exist (have a valid account on the mail server)?

Try entering the email address that the emails are being sent from on this site. http://verify-email.org/  Then scroll down to see the results.

If the email account does not exist on the email server there are many email servers that will not accept email from that email address. My hosting provider has their email server setup this way. It is my guess that this is why the emails are not getting to me.

Check the postmaster@  email address for the sending domain, as that is where the emails bouncing back to non-existent email addresses are sent by default. 

If you do not have a postmaster@ email address I would highly recommend making one or at least forwarding it to another email address. You can find an lot of problems with mail via this email address.
  • tamertamer
    PMPosts: 1
    I've
    experienced the same issues with installing in German language and get
    it done by installing it in English. Furthermore i couldn't get language
    support installed because of missing libreoffice files in repository or
    bad package catalog.

"Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/libr/libreoffice-l10n/libreoffice-l10n-de_4.4.2~rc2-0ubuntu1~trusty1_all.deb 404  Not Found ..." and lots of more libreoffice depending files missing for german language.

I've tried also apk-get update and also installed ibus-gtk before.

After uninstall everything from libreoffice everything is fine :-) Maybe it helps someone out there ;-)