Upcoming LXLE version brainstorming
  • pgradonepgradone
    PMPosts: 3
    I already took LXLE for a spin last year and even installed it on the ageing laptop of one of my acquaintances who became an unconditional fan!
    IMHO, the only 2 issues that need improvement/tweaking in order to make it the perfect desktop are:

1. The lack of a main search button, like in xfce's whiskermenu or Win7.
    Alas this is something still missing from lxde DE, so I hope the 14.04 release will bring at least the possibility of installing/auto-launching correctly the packages "xfce4-panel" and its "xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin".

2. The default use of proprietary gfx drivers.
    I hope the Lubuntu base will provide the feature of using open source gfx divers as default. I already tried Xubuntu, and it does.

Concerning the size of the iso image and the choice of software, I recommend you go both ways: either trim it to a single CD, or make it the size of a full DVD. A little bigger than 700Mb makes us use a full DVD anyway :).

Alltogether, with its rich software base, outstanding wallpaper, lightning startup/running speed and ease of use, I really love this distro that also comes bundled with a very useful forum and very kind and helpful community.

Many Thx and warm encouragements for your passionate work.

• vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    Hope this BFQ I/O Scheduler matures quickly :) Tried it out and it's already awesome. Manages scheduling way better than anything else.