Upcoming LXLE version brainstorming
  • slimhunterslimhunter
    PMPosts: 4
    Talking about the aestethical stuff, I'd suggest to set the wallpaper changer for these upgrades:

when you change wallpaper, lxle remembers the last folder that you opened (i.e.: /home/user/holiday pics); this is frustrating if you wanna revert to the wallpapers bundled in lxle, because you'll have to remember the original path. not so difficult if you're experienced 'cause you'll find it even by guessing, but it's a big problem for a newcomer. also, i'd suggest to create a script that duplicates every picture you choose as wallpaper and save it renamed, for instance, as "background.jpg". This because if you delete\move that picture, your wallpaper will be gone. This doesn't happen in windows, which is the OS that many people using LXLE are trying to abandon; if they won't have all of the comforts, they won't change. Hope this will be useful to you ;)

Keep up the good work! Cheers :)

slimhunter.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    I would like to request a weather indicator for the lxpanel, that actually shows the temerature in the panel. The closest thing I've found is LXweather. But I still have to mouse over it to see the temperature.
     I like Fast Forecast, but I like to keep an eye on the temperature. 

I also agree with Priest and Wld Bill, The menu could use some work. It would be nice to have a choice of menus, maybe a linux menu and a newbie menu that would help guide new users to the correct programs. And maybe also, something, a little more polished. 

Anyway, LXLE is still my favorite Ubuntu Distro. It's lean and mean and very useful. Keep up the good work! 

Thanked by 1danielson
  • I would like to see  teejee's Conky - Manager installed by default and Gnofract4D added to the repos if not actually installed.
    Yes, you can download the deb via sourceforge  and try to install via gdebi, but it won't necessarilly work.
    artistX is the only current  linux Os I have been able to find that integrates gnofract4D by default.
    Unfortunately that means I need to retain a bloated extra Os for the sake of one program.
    I know, there are some people probably tut-tutting right now and muttering " all you really need to do is...."
    I am not technically minded and though I did successfully install the program myself once , it stopped working after an update.
    I am an artist, not a geek or a command-line guru. That's not an apology, just a fact.
    If it can't be done then it can't be done. Just thought I would ask.
    Apart from this if 14.04 works as well as the current version I certainly won't be unhappy.
  • LinuxPusherLinuxPusher
    PMPosts: 1
    I would like to Thank the Developers, Thank You All !!
    I am a developer on ultimate edition oz I am also the Stars Program Coordinator at the United Way.
    Supplying Technology to At Risk Students.
    More info at bglug dot ca. see: "stars"
    I am not sure about posting links Definitely Not a Spammer.
    Any way the point is without Your work my Volunteer job with stars would be Much harder.
    You see my lug and the united way take old used computers donated and Refurbish them then install Linux.
    We then Give them Free of charge to students who otherwise would not get one.
    Many will not run with the newer versions if Ubuntu.
    But thanks to Lubuntu This past week I was able to give away 8 computers at a Local School.
    Again, Thank You Keep up the Great work.
    LinuxPusher
    P.S. in the last few years we have given away over 600 computers.
  • One thing i have changed on my edition is deleted 'brasero' and installed 'xfburn' instead maybe a thought for future releases?

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."
  • I also just installed vlc and radiotray, i am more a fan of vlc then totemplayer radiotray because i like to listen to my favorite radiostreams.

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The music player included in lxle 'Guayadeque' plays radio streams and has thousands preloaded.
  • vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    For people who want to use SSD's in their old machines to make them usable until they die:

https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/ssd#TOC-Avoid-quick-wear:-reduce-write-actions

• vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    Was searching around and found an interesting I/O scheduling way. Could potentially boost responsiveness.

It is called BFQ I/O Scheduler:
    http://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/11/bfq-loads-programs-extremely-fast-under-heavy-disk-io-workloads-ubuntu/
    Thanked by 1lxle