LXLE 18.04.3 Beta Now Available..
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656

LXLE 18.04.3 Beta is now available in 64 bit or 32 bit versions.

This one was a long time coming as my life got very busy with the new addition to the family.

New themes had to be tracked down as the updates to GTK broke the old ones yet again.

The distro has been slimmed down considerably, removing some of the more infrequently used programs.

Many versions of LXLE with a localized SearX search engine were built but was abandoned due to memory use.

More polish has gone into Seamonkey along with fixing annoying interface issues, additional bookmarklets and security has been enhanced.

Seamonkey remains the default browser due to it's memory use, speed and additional components. It's awesome.

The terminal weather remains although they seem to be running out of queries often which may need addressed.

While the system shedded a number of apps the game section did get a new shuffle of casual entertainment.

Some other notable replacements include the terminal, task manager, video and image editing programs; also the installer now features a matrix style 'slideshow' during install.

Overall the system is lean, mean and fast. I can only hope those reviewing it will install the system instead of using a livecd to 'grade' it. It's a pet peeve when livecd's are used to gauge memory usage or anything else as it's unfair to the system itself since many additional things need to be running/occuring in the background in order for a livecd to work.

Please report any and all issues so they can be addressed before the final release.
    Below are the links to each file... Enjoy.

LXLE 18.04.3 32bit Beta

LXLE 18.04.3 64bit Beta

Thanked by 2Beamer Rhino_Cracker
  • cmurwaycmurway
    PMPosts: 27
    Awesome! I will install it on my Chromebox this week! Thank you :)
    Running LXLE on Toshiba Satellite M105 S3041 2 Gigs of Ram ( Intel Core Solo T1350 / 1.86 GHz ) / 80.0 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400.0 rpm / Intel GMA 950 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
  • oldfredoldfred
    PMPosts: 4
    HOORAY!!! And welcome back!
  • BeamerBeamer
    PMPosts: 62
    Thanks
    LXLE user since 2013.
  • BeamerBeamer
    Nice little Matrix graphic. I installed it from the desktop icon, in the live session. It obviously works well so far. I love the cubes on the wallpaper. Nice fresh look for this bright pink notebook.

LXLE user since 2013.
  • BeamerBeamer
    Chatzilla .. is there a moderator in there now? It worked perfect, as far as I could tell. Really easy access!
    LXLE user since 2013.
  • BeamerBeamer
     Nice weather indicator at the top of the screen. I like the Linphone. Nice email look, like the old days. Yeah, the whole Sea-Monkey configuration you did that reminds me of my very first computer. I like it alot. It seems faster now then the last time I tried it. It used to be unwieldy on this notebook.Pluma. Sudoku. Pitivi. Oooooooh...looks fun. I have to run. This is just like Christmas and I have to open up all the new presents. I think this might be the best version yet! Thank you so much!
    LXLE user since 2013.
  • My wife will be pleased with her new version of LXLE. I was beginning to think the best OS for older computers was dying.  Glad to see that it is not.
  • lxlelxle
    Nope... just a life delay... as for Lubuntu trying to kill LXDE.. that's out of my control.. but I'll keep building and LXDE desktop system as long as I can.
  • Wonderful. Will install it this evening and see what will happen :) Very very good idea to keep building and LXDE desktop systems - as long as it may last :)
  • lxlelxle
    thanks... please keep in mind it's a beta and that the final will require a reinstall.