LXLE 18.04.3 Beta Now Available..
  • Hi :) - as I am so thankful for LXLE I of course test the beta and will re-install. Here - very old dualcore laptop from 2012 - everything so far runs nice.

Only very minor thing: For complete newbies it would maybe have been a problem that after choosing a name for the machine while installing the shortcuts in pcmanfm do not work. (the pre-installed ones). Reason was simple. My old hp laptop had "qwerty" as name, I changed to mine - but the shortcuts were still with "qwerty". I changed that, it required 10 seconds, but complete newbies coming from Windows might wonder.

(A little forum-problem, nothing to do with the beta: I changed my mail address since I registered at your forum, and trying to change the mail here at my account leads to an endless "save" process. The old mail is still registered. Only a problem if you sometimes make announcements).
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    did you install the 32 or 64bit?
  • Gparted won't run due to an invalid shortcut.  There's extra stuff in the command listed  It's a hyphen and some other text (forget exactly what--forgot to copy or note it--something ending with "exec."  Editing the shortcut (right click in the main menu under properties) by deleting everything after Gparted in the Command box under the Desktop Entry tab fixes it.  32 bit version.  Everything else so far seems fine.