SeaMonkey Tips and Tricks
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    It is in the regular repos basil, but regardless of that just do this.

Open synaptic, go to settings and repositiories, click on other repositories and click the add button, enter the following line.

deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all main

click add source, then click close, click reload then find seamonkey and install it.
  • lxlelxle
    Actually basil you are correct and it was my mistake in thinking it was still in the regular repositories of Ubuntu seems it was taken out because Ubuntu couldn't guarantee 5 year support on it. My apologies here is a better tutorial to follow.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/397272/why-isnt-mozilla-seamonkey-available-in-the-repositories-how-can-i-install-it
    Thanked by 1iduhkno
  • Anonymouse52Anonymouse52
    PMPosts: 170
    I opened a link that took me to m.youtube.com and thereafter every time I wanted to use YouTube it took me to the m(mobile).youtube.com site...I fixed it by removing all YouTube cookies and then I got to access YouTube (desktop version) properly again...www.youtube.com
  • BasilBasil
    PMPosts: 5
    Thank you, lxle, for taking me seriously and following through. Thank you too for the clear and comprehensive instructions for adding a repo which worked first time.

Out of respect for you, this is my first blog interaction on the Web using Seamonkey. So far I am enjoying it, but have a lot of experimenting to do, obviously, before deciding to change lock,stock and barrel. Which reminds me, I have numerous ageing barrels of Opera .mbs files which I would like to migrate to Seamonkey for future reference - does anyone have any helpful suggestions regarding the migration and archiving processes?

And while I am on the journey of discovery, are there any useful comments on Evolution (capitalised, please note) as an alternative emailer from the lxle user community?

Stay strong,
    Basil
  • Hi,
    I want the "Open a New Tab" button to place exactly after the newest tab, just like firefox .
    Is there any way to do that ?
    ( I can move it to the right corner of the tab bar from the left corner, using chrome context menu ).
    Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

'Lazy people will always find a short-cut for a difficult task"
  • lxlelxle
    It remains on the left in our version so you can easily open a new tab and get to your 'Frequented Websites' list without moving your cursor completely across the screen. 'Frequented Websites' is very important in SeaMonkey due to the lack of a built in speed dial as per FireFox or Chrome.

However outside of just moving it far right using a userstyle or right clicking on the tab or tabbar and selecting new tab you could also install https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/tab-clicking-options/ and then simply set it up so that every time you double click on a tab or in the tab bar a new tab is created.

Just click on add to seamonkey and then install anyway. Should be just fine.
    Thanked by 1Bapi_Linux
  • Anyone still looking for the functions of Self-Destructing Cookies for SeaMonkey will find that Cookies Exterminator is just as great for the purpose.
    --
    Lore Galore
  • lxlelxle
    close and forget is already installed be default as well.