SeaMonkey Tips and Tricks
  • It would be nice to find a way to get the add-on 'self-destructing cookies' converted and functional on SeaMonkey...
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Is there suppost to be a menu entry i'm guessing?
  • When it's working there is a small icon that appears (in same bar as home icon - toolbar) that you click on per site to control that site's cookies retention longevity...

• lxlelxle
    ya, i found that there is a request in to the developer to support seamonkey, i went back a few versions and tried the converter to no avail, at times going back a few version on a firefox addon that doesn't work with seamonkey through the converter will at times work.

Until then the only thing available for seamonkey specifically is

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-US/seamonkey/addon/cookiekeeper/

unless there is a similar addon for firefox that could be converted that would work.
    Thanked by 2Anonymouse52 iduhkno
  • I played with lightning calendar a bit and installed the thunderbird addon that is supposed to let lightning work with google calendar but all the tutorials were designed for thunderbird and don't appear to work for seamonkey...just something that might be an issue for folks.
  • BasilBasil
    PMPosts: 5

I want to try Seamonkey on Linux (LXLE14.04.1 and Lubuntu14.10) but cannot get it to install even using the instructions given elsewhere on this site. Everything expands as expected into the correct directories but there is no desktop icon nor indication of what module I should try to run. At the moment I can on;y run Seamonkey under Win7, and find ot promising.

I used Opera for about 10 years. It took a wrong turning between 11 and 12, and has serious memory-usage problems, but I still like the integrated browser-emailer concept. Can't wait any longer for Vivaldi, but may revisit it in a year or two.

So, I seriously need a bit of help here...

Thanks, Basil

• lxlelxle
    It's in synaptic package manager you could also use ubuntuzilla repository for a more up to date version.

http://sourceforge.net/p/ubuntuzilla/wiki/Main_Page/#repository-contents-and-package-behavior
  • famewolffamewolf
    PMPosts: 62
    A user named Sitting Fox on another forum came up with this tweak:

New Tab on Right: Go open ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/vqz687h7.default/chrome/userChrome.css and add in

.tabs-stack vbox hbox stack { -moz-box-ordinal-group:10!important; }
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    I'm torn between whether to leave the tab on the left considering the places bookmarks and the ease of opening a tab and clicking the bookmarktoolbar menu or moving the new tab icon to the right, which is the far right and not right next to the last open tab. This is a cool little mod but I think I'm going to stick with the new tab button on the left out of convenience of clicking it and then clicking the bookmarktoolbar menu since you can always right click on a tab or tab bar and select new tab if you don't want to move all the way over to the left button.
  • BasilBasil
    PMPosts: 5

Beg to differ regarding inclusion in synaptic, whether in Lubuntu 14.10 or LXLE 14.04.1

Am poring over the ubuntuzilla reference before attempting (yet again) to add a recommended repository to my standard list. Wondering (yet again) why the installation process is so flaky unless you are prepared to do everything in the context of a live download. Don't other Linux users (i) pay real money per megabyte downloaded (ii) have lots of computers they are trying to keep at the same update level and would love to do it via DVD or USB (hint - a technique well established in certain nameless environment)...