LXLE 18.04?
  • Thanks for all of the work that has gone into LXLE, this has been my favorite general desktop Linux distro.  Are there any plans for LXLE based on the 18.04 LTS release?  I'd be happy to help if needed.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Not sure, they've been actively trying to kill the lxde desktop environment for years now. Looks like they are finally discontinuing any development for good as they are hell bent on lxqt.. which is 'ehh' at best. I noticed they're starting to provide more software loaded by default... my only guess is because no one has any idea what friggin lightweight apps if any exist in QT land.

As for me. I'm considering taking LXLE in a crunchbang direction. I like gtk stuff.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Love that idea! I love gtk too!  I was hoping someone would fork or pick up LXDE. I won't run LXQT. I'll run straight openbox first.
  • sagsawsagsaw
    PMPosts: 20

Well I am aware LXDE / LXQT is causing discomfort.

My wish is LXLE stays on and get an 18.04 ASAP.

When will that be possible?

UBUNTU now is GNOME ... Feels good after 6 years of waste from them with UNITY.

I guess UNITY WAS DONE with TABLETS and PHONE in mind and also NETBOOKS or now as you call INTERNETBOOKS.

• sagsawsagsaw
    For me LXLE is very important because possibly its the only Linux Desktop which supports oldest of processors and thats the USP
  • sagsawsagsaw
    I would love to use pure Openbox ... A la  the Bunsen labs linux distro.

• lxlelxle
    i've been playing with different setups
  • Great to know ... I hope you finally settle with openbox like Bunsen labs ...

You have a fantastic distro which supports oldest of PCs but has latest softwares.

Its a boon for all.
  • Awaiting 18.04 with OpenBox n GTK
  • lxlelxle
    i've actually been considering taming the enlightenment desktop. I've always found it interesting since it's capable of so much on such weak hardware.
  • Bodhi Linux is upto it already and frankly its pretty different n a big learning curve for normalusers to use.

Also dunno if enlightenment desktoo is in active development.

I think its good to keep it simple and sweet and light.

Another option is JWM and OpenBox ...

Puppylinux and Slitaz use it.