same games, no games, or some games?
  • I'm a model citizen and a law-abiding citizen that condemns every type of crime... you know, like Walter White was! :D
    I gotta check that one out for sure, gonna get myself some Breaking Bad alike adventures!
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    it's been in the libraries for years, check synaptic. also don't forget the chess engines
    Thanked by 1pemartins
  • KristijonasKristijonas
    PMPosts: 20
    Personally I strongly dislike having games pre-installed. It feels like litter. I'm a gamer on Linux though, so games ARE important to me, but games are strongly a matter of personal taste. I play only commercial games such as Mount & Blade, Numenera, Wasteland 2. These games take from 1gb to 20gb. I never touch games such as those preinstalled.

Now I understand the decision to add some games by default... However i don't really agree with the logic. Yes, it is easy to just delete them (takes only ~5-10 minutes to delete them all... Though I spent ~20 because I'm new to Linux and the games are pre-installed from different package managers...). However, it is just as easy to install them, so since there are hundreds of them and they are personal choice - why not make them all optional, as in, not pre-installed? They are certainly not required for any kind of work - I think it'd be more logical to install Bauble, a botanical categorization program, than a game :D 

Sorry for the slightly ranty post :D 
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    All the games that are picked are desktop style games. All games are subjective at best. You're lucky I didn't include Dope Wars... I damn near did.. lol.
  • Thanks for not doing that :X It'd be a pity if you had infested my computer with even more shitty games ^_^ 
    Also I have problems deleting the games. They are installed through different package managers and even after I've found and deleted them all (through lubuntu and synaptic) two of the games still have their links/icon (dead) in Games> Those are XBubble and Petris.