same games, no games, or some games?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    It's been brought up a lot so it needs to be asked and debated.

Should games be included at all?

My viewpoint, surprisingly the games don't take up much space in the grand scheme of things and all are 'desktop style' games that easily run on old hardware. It also fits into the 'drop and go' os idea, basically install it and leave philosophy.

That doesn't necessarily mean its a good idea; so what do you think?
  • I discovered some new games just by exploring that menu a little bit.  But it kinda looks like "overkill" to have that many included.

• Every one bitches about games, I personal don't care. But just to make The OS "None bloated" maybe you can cut down on some of the games, that will shut people up. I like the jewels, and solitaire and card games. Sorry but that review on the FB page to me the guy needs to not quit his day Job.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • lxlelxle
    done
  • LummerLummer
    PMPosts: 7
    i say more games
  • razakrazak
    PMPosts: 4
    i dont really play games aside from jewel..may i know how to delete all the other games?
  • lxlelxle
    check the software tools
  • About the games these I'm not a fan of:

Biniax-2
    Breakout
    eBoard Chess
    GNU Jump
    Peg-E
    Petris
    XBubble

On the other hand I'll leave a list of games I have installed which I enjoy, they are all available at Synaptic, I'll leave them as suggestions:

Asylum
    Barrage
    Chromium B.S.U.
    Criticalmass
    DreamChess
    FloboPuyo
    FooBillard++
    Hedgewars
    HoDoKu
    LBreakout2
    LTris
    megamario
    Mine Escape
    Mines (gnome-mines)
    Neverputt
    Numpty Physics
    Open Sonic
    Paintown --55mb
    Pingus
    Prince of Persia (sdlpop)
    SolarWolf
    SuperTux 2 --77mb
    Swell Foop
    Teeworlds

The large ones have the size (more or less) indicated.
    I also agree that there shouldn't be too many games pre-installed. Maybe 15 tops or something alike.
  • lxlelxle
    i stuck with small desktop oriented games. Petris is awesome, you're playing a game in the terminal! eboard chess actually allows you to play against others online while dreamchess does not and the others are way smaller than their counterparts.

Games are a controversial topic. Like, hate, have them, don't have them, these kinds, that kind, etc etc.
    Thanked by 1pemartins
  • lxlelxle
    It's good to note that eboard chess also allows you to choose what 'chess engine' you want to use/play against. There are many in the repositories/libraries/synaptic... I chose the smallest footprint one that it supported. While good, there are some that are award winners and such... Might want to check that out if Chess is your game.
    Thanked by 1pemartins
  • lxlelxle
    Ever play dopewars? It's like a text based version of GTA.. lol it's old school and awesome. Damn near included it but was afraid people would have a meltdown... lol

https://dopewars.sourceforge.io/screenshots/linux-gtk-multi.html

Thanked by 1pemartins