SeaMonkey the perfect browser for LXLE
  • I liked seamonkey and had set it up just how I wanted - but am having to give it up because it no longer works with YouTube :( . Not sure what to use; Chrome keeps crashing, Firefox uses up too much memory on my 1gig system, Opera's not too bad although doesn't have the functionality that I like in Sea-monkey.
  • I can play youtube with seamonkey. But smplayer has a youtube player. It is in the repository.
  • Installed Firefox 57, and am impressed with it's speed.  Hoping Seamonkey will move to this engine.
  • By February 2019 the seamonkey-developers seem to have run into major problems. This is sad because the suite works really great on my slow old 2core 1.9 GHz subnotebook. The Seamonkey project blog has the details (devs will understand. Not me^^.)

quotes February 19: "we’re moving to Jenkins, since revamping the old CI code would require some hacking at an already Frankenstein-like code" [...]Also note that SeaMonkey needs to completely stop relying on Mozilla’s infrastructure (*every single thing*, including this blog, bugzilla… you name it.. we need to be off it) by end of the year."

So we just can hope. Apart from very few websites seamonkey works great here.  Youtube videos and everything - run fine. The mail program is great, too - and I know people who got into problems with Win7 and the latest thunderbird updates.  Definitely lighter than Firefox/Thunderbird.

In case they would fail - what would be an alternative? Puppy linux uses palemoon, As I dislike some of Firefox' latest steps (privacy) I tried dooble as a light-weight "safer" browser. In the settings you en - disable cookies and Java. First impressions are good, a kind of minimal browser.Youtube videos work with cookies and java enabled. After watching  I switch it off again.
    And mail? Claws mail? Minimal, but works.

Well - maybe Seamonkey will succeed.
    Thanks again for lxle, really impressing, and Lubuntu 18.04 already got my old machine to sweat, really.