Donations push R&D forward with a new PC.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The donation page hasn't seen an update in quite some time. Not because some haven't been generous but because of a hold on the donation account until enough sponsorship money could be obtained to purchase a 'newish' computer which would free up a laptop to be used for development.

What happened? About 3-4 months ago my main computer finally died for good and I was forced to complete the latest LXLE ISO using the laptop as the build computer and my main PC. This was not a good situation but I managed to get through it and release the system. However some much needed updates have been delayed slightly to the ISO while waiting on enough donations to remedy the situation.

Thankfully as of last week enough funds were available to purchase a 'new to me' computer that should last quite a few years hopefully.

What was purchased? First off I'm a hardcore bargain shopper and rarely purchase items that are beyond my needs. That being said here is what I got.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P
    4gb of ram (2 slots used, 4 available)
    3.10GHz i5 @ 2400
    1TB Hard Drive
    Integrated OnBoard Graphics

Purchase Price $150
    Shipping $15
    Total $165

After about a day the machine is now dual booting Windows 7 and LXLE. This frees up the laptop to be used strictly for creating/building the distribution while the new rig is used for R&D of ideas and technologies and testing before making its way onto the laptop as part of the official build.

Thanks to all LXLE supporters who have helped research and development continue through the purchase of this much needed PC.

~Ronnie
    Thanked by 1Zaka
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    That'sa really good deal on that pc. I'm glad you got what you needed because you do such a great job at picking useful applications that keep LXLE running smooth and fast!

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Thanks for the situation report, lxle.  Now that the need is known, I suspect the donations page will get a few hits.  image