• topernictopernic
    PMPosts: 2
    Maybe bigger this time?

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    nice, although the menu icon is upside down, this is what happens when people move the xp paradigm bar from the bottom to the top instead of using other paradigms that have the bar already at the top, to correct right click on the menu icon and select the mac/g2 icon from the list. The icon is suppost to represent a menu karrot.
  • SusanVSusanV
    PMPosts: 1
    Oh, that dots are meant as an arrow pointing in the direction where the menu opens? Never would have thought of that, just took it for some kind of logo... thought it was accidentally wrong direction in the other paradigms... ;)
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Well, duh!

I NEVER woulda' thought that.

Frankly, the menu dot icon was the very first thing I lost.  Substituted an LXLE logo in a slate blue. 
  • lxlelxle
    I've never been one for logo's everywhere and brand names.
  • ZakaZaka
    The LXLE logo is waaay better looking than the Lubuntu logo.

image     image
  • FeniceFenice
    PMPosts: 2
  • lxlelxle
    Thats not really a 'Lubuntu' Logo that comes default, its really the LXDE logo thats been stylized by Lubuntu.
  • That's funny Zaka.  I also found the LXLE splash screen logo, which I thought was very cool cooking, and made it my default menu icon, but in the default gray/black/charcoal shade.  I thought I was clever and original, but not only have others done it, you have out-done us all with a change in color!!!

And I'm not a huge fan of logos everywhere either, but I think the LXLE logo is very distinct, very cool, and yet understated.  It would seem that 3-4 of us have had a very similar idea and have implemented it on our own.  Sounds like this would be a popular and well-received aesthetic tweak?!  Now that he has seen it in action, perhaps lxle will reconsider making the LXLE splash screen logo the default menu icon?  I don't think it's "too much", I think it's "just enough".  What do you think lxle?  Would you reconsider?
  • ZakaZaka
    Thanks HJ, glad you like it. 

I thought the shift to slate-blue helped the menu icon stand out a bit in the panel ~ especially with the default panel color.  However, I tweak my panels to just above transparent ~ I'm a minimalist and prefer a clean desktop and quiet panels.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Here's my completed Nautilus paradigm.