Changing Closing Lid Action
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Use the monitor settings tool in Menu>Preferences

At time laptops also have an Fn key combination that needs to be executed to send video to external source.
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    in a terminal do...

xranadr -q

check for your laptop display name

now in terminal

killall xfce4-power-manager

then,

xfce4-power-manager --display=name of your laptop display

or in xfce4-power-manager prefrences set "laptop lid close action" to nothing

• I have read the above posts, and still have an issue. I could not get tlp to not suspend my laptop when I closed the lid. 

Also, I followed the directions to uninstall tlp and install xfce4 power manager, but even after a reboot it would not connect. 

Can anyone suggest a work around, or different program altogether? battery life is not really an issue as I have a HUGE battery on my good latop, and the other laptop is an eeepc that will be always plugged in and i need the lid closed

~MU

Running LXLE on a Toshiba Satellite L65006Q 4GB RAM
    "A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." George S. Patton
  • Im faceing the same problem, but for me xfce4-power-manager doesnt work, i got connection error, even after reboot or power off and than on.

Any ideas what can i use for lid settings?
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    There is the gnome-power-manager. I think you have to find the command to set the laptop lid action or install dconf-editor.
  • oortcloud9oortcloud9
    PMPosts: 17
    The solution is to edit the logind.conf file, and set HandleLidSwitch=ignore, then systemctl restart systemd-logind.

See 
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/52643/how-to-disable-auto-suspend-when-i-close-laptop-lid for explanation, or "man logind.conf" at the command line.