Can't connect rdp to server 2008 r2 through VPN
  • mpowermpower
    PMPosts: 11

I am unable to RDP to a Windows 2008 R2 server.

The VPN connection is successfully established but when i try to connect RDP all I can see is a pop-up that says "Uable to connect to RDP server "

I have tried Remmina and Vinagre via Synaptic Manager,  with all possible configurations on Lxle (32bit) 12.04.3, 12.04.4 and 12.04.4 (current) without any succes.

The same Programms with the same configurations works probably on all Lubuntu versions!!

Please Help, thanks in advance.

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    check the built in firewall, turn it off, to see the state of the firewall you must unlock it first.
  • mpowermpower
    Hello Lxle,

i have
    to write it forgotten. The firewall was disabled each time.
  • lxlelxle
    The firewall is enabled by default, without 'unlocking' , it shows 'off' , but isn't.
  • mpowermpower
    I now what do you mean, i tried with the Firewall disabled (after unlocking) and later have the Firewall (UFW-Package) completely removed. Both times, no chance!!
  • lxlelxle
    try resetting/ flushing the the iptables (firewall rules)

open a terminal and

sudo iptables -F
  • mpowermpower
    still cannot connect..
  • lxlelxle
    then i'm unsure, will have to look into it further.
  • mpowermpower
    Hello Lxle,

I can find no solution to this problem because i think this is a Lxle-problem, not a Ubuntu, Vinagre or Remmina-problem.
    As i have written above everything works fine with all Lubuntu-, Ubuntu and Linuxmint Versions with the same Software and configurations.
    Now I found Lxle very good and nice, but I need my computer for my work and without RDP-Connection can not work.

• lxlelxle
    Is it part vpn? because network manager would need extra libraries installed.