LXLE (Focal) Beta Now Available.
  • OPENBOX is in stale state for quite longer than LXDE. The last update on their git repository is March 2015.
    I am not an expert in this but LXDE works much lighter than other lightweight distros and I don't fully understand why they decided to drop it. 
    Maybe it is more practical to get some modern well documented and supported desktop environment and make a heavy customisations, since they are obviously overwhelmed with extra staff or heavy software.
    But sure thing is that this project, ie LXLE, should definitely continue...
  • I have now finally downloaded beta version on the 4th try. Going forward on installing and reviewing it
  • I have done it. I chose direct installation, encountered few lags like windows on top of each other.

I can't configure my gmail account on Claws Mail. Google says "Less secure app blocked". I tried like been put out on claws mail faq.

• LibreWolf is great, no lags.
    Claws - couldn't make it work with gmail, if you know how to do it please provide steps to make it happen, I mostly use gmail.
    I would use Flameshot instead of Screenshot. It is more functional, and it allows to make a markup and text addition before taking a shot so you don't mess up with image further on gimp or other app.
    Other new apps are good. 

Thanks for adding new themes.

And one more thing, on PCmanFM. Could you please add "Open Current Folder In Terminal" into right click dropdown, I mean just adding, it would be ok to let it be under Tools and under right click dropdown.

• Sorry, forgot one more thing, there is no color picker app. If you know some solid and practical color picker app please add it. By practical I mean being able to choose format, hex or rgb.
    I searched a lot of them and the one I liked most was on Zorin. It had a round magnifier under mouse header to pick colors even from thin or very small areas
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656

Don't get too comfortable with the beta... the final will be out soon and you'll most likely want the changes. It's even lighter on resources than the beta.

• lxlelxle

Don't get too comfortable with the beta... the final will be out soon and you'll most likely want the changes. It's even lighter on resources than the beta.

• trinitytrinity
    PMPosts: 20
    Three things:
    1. Thank you for the hard work.
    3. I donated (via PayPal) following that MyFundIt widget.  I received no follow-up.  The goal $ has not moved.  The latest donations list has not been updated (weeks have passed now).  That latest donors list, I have never seen it move or change.

• lxlelxle
    Thank you for the donation. The widget struggles automatically updating donations... it's a hit or miss. I'll have to investigate it further to see if I can make changes.