I have returned
  • jmchaffiejmchaffie
    PMPosts: 2
    Can't wait to see what is coming down the line. I just joined the community here, and wanted to say that out of all the different distros I tried on my old Acer Aspire - this is the only one that really made it work great. I say that, because it didn't really 'bring it back to life' - it made it work like it should have out of the box the first time, when I bought it however many eons ago.
    This really looks sharp, is fast and snappy feeling, and I still have full access to all the apps I want to use with a normal package manager. (Puppy also worked great, but holy hell, I'm not a linux expert and I was lost trying to get any particular software I needed to work - like Hiri for example)
    So, my test-bench is at your disposal. Looking forward to what you come up with! Donations on the way on paydays. Thanks very much for an awesome little distro.
    Acer Aspire One - Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz
    Upgrades: 2GB Total RAM - 250GB SSD - LXLE 16.04

• tommisgrtommisgr
    PMPosts: 1
    Looking forward to it.
    Got 3 P4 machines running mint atm waiting for new LXLE.
    So keeping LXDE or XFCE or something else?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The 64 bit is being a real pain in the ass.... it's the only thing holding me up at the moment.
  • Hey there! Hope all is well. I just received End of Life (Chrome OS) for my Chromebox and wondering if I should wait to download the updated beta LXLE on it or just go with the os/download you have already? I have used LXLE on multiple devices and love it....just waited for the Chromebox to run it's course. Not sure if I should have created a new thread or not but since you discussed the beta I felt it may be appropriate. Thanks again for everything.
    Running LXLE on Toshiba Satellite M105 S3041 2 Gigs of Ram ( Intel Core Solo T1350 / 1.86 GHz ) / 80.0 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400.0 rpm / Intel GMA 950 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
  • lxlelxle
    Well I've had countless builds of the new lxle... but I'm undecided if I want to remain with seamonkey... which provides a lot of features... or if I want to move to palemoon.
  • Use the one you want, I always install Firefox anyway. Seamonkey is more popular than Palemoon, I would guess. Take your pick.
  • lxlelxle
    I'm sticking with seamonkey... i've cleaned it up quite a bit and i just like the damn thing.... i use it and it's email program daily... i like that it's developers are the old netscape crew and they've recently joined forced with the thunderbird team
  • Rhino_CrackerRhino_Cracker
    PMPosts: 30
    Good decision. :)
    I usually install Vivaldi for its old Opera features and use SeaMonkey when I need a fast alternative.
    Testing LXLE 18.04.3 (64-Bit) on DELL-XPS-M1530
    "Needless to say, LXLE is a speedy, low resource using beast of an OS."