Slow Browsers with 16.04.2
  • WestportWestport
    PMPosts: 37
    I installed LXLE 16.04.1 on a friend's computer several months ago, with (mostly) good results.  There have been issues, but I've either worked them out, or was able to ignore them, until last week.  The browser (Chromium) formerly loaded all pages, quickly, with no issues, but about two weeks ago, it became nearly impossible to use the browser because the pages load so slow, if at all.  Chromium is currently the default browser, but I've also tried Sea Monkey and Firefox, with similar results.  One strange thing is that facebook and gmail, (which are bookmarked), load right away, but nothing else will load.  Internet speed has been tested and is blazing fast, although it was hell getting the test site to load up, for the same problem that I've just described.

I believe the computer is thoroughly up to date, because I have been running updates through Synaptic.  (I have had to resort to that method because the "update" button, which was once present, disappeared some while back.)  Also, I notice that although I installed version 16.04.1, the version which is now reported to be installed is 16.04.2.  I did not install version xxx.2, so I can only think it was included in a past update.  The processor is AMD A6-3500APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics and 4GB of RAM.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you
  • The installation discussed above was replaced with Lubuntu (by someone else, much to my chagrin).  Problems are now moot.
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads