My name is Phill.
  • Ol_PhillCOl_PhillC
    PMPosts: 3
    Hey all, I guess this is where I say that an unsupported OS forced me to Linux or to abandon our old netbook. We got a shiny new laptop but I did not want to give up on the netbook. So after getting permission to destroy it so I could rebuild it I tried several Linux Os's till I found LXLE. Finally an Os that worked smoothly, looked good, was set up in a way that appealed to me and, after a few font tweaks, these old eyes could see and clumsy fingers did not misstep too often. Probably the most fun about the whole process was playing with the hard drive. I never really got to do that before and Gpart was actually scary fun. So, I am starting to understand a few things and keep playing around but I am also getting back to doing what I used to do on the netbook before it got so slow as to be nearly unusable. I would call that success and a salvaged PC thanks to Linux LXLE. (I am still playing with other distros but from this platform) For now, I am Ol' Phill, nearly 70 and still learning.
    Thanked by 1lxle