• Working with LXLE 16.04-1 system, when shall we have a nicely working "menu editor" ?
    I'm using Lxmed, which seems to be best but
    it does not always register newly entered programs. It shows also entries which do not anymore have .destop files as I do not find these files in the relevant directories but I can't erase these obsolete menu entries. I tried also for exemple to enter a new menu entry for a java working program, I wrote its .desktop file, which is perfectly working and starts the program, its entry is shown in the lxmed window but is not shown in the main applications menu.
    I've tried alacarte,
    menulibre, ezame and mozo without being satisfied. Maybe I tested too
    much and I've spoiled my computer with conflicting files. Anyway I
    don't know anymore what .destop file is working and what other one is
    not (in ~/.local/share/applications, in /usr/share/applications and in /usr/local/share/applications).
    Another question about the main menu : does one file exist listing the organisation of this menu (categories, in each categories programs) or is the main menu reorganized from the .desktop files found in the three directories mentionned above each time I start the computer ?
    Any suggestion ?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    take a look in your .config/menus folder. If you erase it's contents it will regenerate on next restart.
  • Thank you. I renamed .config/menus as menus_back, erased the unwanted .desktop files and rebooted. The menu is now correct. But I do not anymore find a .config/menus folder. I then created an empty .config/menus and rebooted again. This .config/menus is still empty. Anyway I'm satisfied to have again a nicely working menu but don't know if I'll be able to renew this procedur in the future if I don't find this .config/menus folder. thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
All Threads