Screen locked? Pixelated?
  • I just installed and ran into the same problem as the OP.  Looks like it still hasn't been addressed.  I'm glad I know the answer now, but for my current purpose, these two issues that have been mentioned here, are going to keep me from using it because I'm going to be giving the system away and I don't know who will end up using it, what their skill level will be and if they will ever reinstall.

It's very possible someone down the line could end up running into the same issues and have no idea what to do.  
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    That's what the forums, help file and wiki are for... I'm not adding a 'lock screen' and or 'blur' privacy that uses tons of memory, which nearly all of them do. LXLE is a lightweight distro and sometimes 'issues' like the lock screen are necessary and should be expected.
  • There is a problem with the "livedvd" installer because if you are on slow internet and doing the install with update downloads unless you babysit the thing for potentially over an hour at some point the screen lock is going to kick in...at that point there is no default password set so you are hosed whatever point you might have been at.  Either a method to disable i3lock should be easily available (and possibly triggered when installer starts) or the user will need to assign a password to user qwerty.  
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    esc, then enter will do it probably

Thanked by 1Rhino_Cracker
  • I have this issue now. How to disable the locksnap as automated.
  • mdiemermdiemer
    PMPosts: 36
    This is what finally worked for me (specifically, the last suggestion):

(apt purge xscreensaver lxlock)
    Thanked by 1Linewbi