lxlauncher script help
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    Screenshot
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    That's extremely cool. How do you switch wallpapers?
  • rfry85rfry85
    Because I'm not sure how to set directories when I compiled it from source, the default location to put backgrounds is /usr/local/share/lxlauncher/background. (not ideal since you need root privileges)You add them and rename them to tab names (menu directory names) such as Accessories.jpg.  Every tab gets its own background.  I reworked the lxlauncher menu to get the tabs I wanted. I made a pcmanfm action to change wallpaper on my main tab (LXlauncher) using

xterm -hold -e sudo cp %f /usr/local/share/lxlauncher/background/LXlauncher.jpg

But to activate it I had to use a shortcut to a script to restart lxlauncher so it shows up.

For some reason I can't change wallpaper and restart lxlauncher in 1 file manager action. I am now working on one using xenity. 

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I always found the 'applications' link within pcmanfm very launcher like. Considered linking to it directly from a panel icon a few times.
  • rfry85rfry85
    That would workimage. I use it alot.  

I just like to play around.  I set the group permissions on the background folder for lxlauncher to me so I don't need root permissions to copy into it, I made some scripts using xenity for the back end, and made the front end with tint2. Works for changing all the tabs backgrounds.