LXLE 16.04 Beta 64bit
  • HowdyHowdy
    PMPosts: 12
    Thanks for the new release! I downloaded the "lxle-eclectica-16.04.1.rc.iso" file, installed it on my Lenovo X140e netbook. Wifi (broadcom) was available during installation - nice! After installation I started up Synaptic to install some stuff. After installing vim/gvim + deps, I then checked the Synaptic history file to copy the filenames I installed, and I noticed that the history file already had a long list of packages installed in June and July. I suppose that these were installed by the system builder. No problem here, I just wanted to report it, that's all.

Other than that, I quite like this new version!

Home built AMD64 tower, or, Lenovo X140e Netbook
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • oldhackoldhack
    PMPosts: 11
    I downloaded the 'beta' of eclectica 64bit and although I have not used it fully yet, I have been using it to 'explore' the features. I do not use Seamonkey I have a problem with it, so I have uninstalled it and changed back to Firefox and Thunderbird which work ok with my various financial sites. So far It is running securely and very well.
    If I choose to stay with this OS, can I just continue to update and upgrade to the final release or should I expect to reinstall the final 'Distribution' release when it arrives?
    Thanks,
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I would install fresh.

Also you probably could have used an agent switcher for your bank, it's probably just looking for firefox, chrome or ie and nothing more... since seamonkey is firefox the following should do the trick  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/user-agent-switcher/?src=ss

Regardless if you want to use a different browser or not. Seamonkey should remain installed, it is responsible for many more elements of the operating system. Removing seamonkey disables a number of features and programs within LXLE.
  • pcbrewerpcbrewer
    PMPosts: 75
    Can you move the top panel to the bottom and the bottom to the top?

• oldhackoldhack
    PMPosts: 11
    Thank you for the Seamonkey 'switcher' solution, I will try that soon but I do have other unsatisfactory issues when using Seamonkey. I will of course take your advice and install Seamonkey but continue to use Firefox and Thunderbird for the moment, (- it's also my lack of familiarity with Seamonkey). 
    As far as moving the top and bottom panels around - I do this without a problem!

o.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    no problem, if the seamonkey addons section of mozilla doesn't have what you're lookin for, remember in your bookmarks is http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/ which is a site/tool that converts firefox addons to work in seamonkey, may help.