• I have been using Linux for many years, and have tried many distros from the early days of Mandrake . As my machine a Dell dimension C521 is getting on I needed a distro suitable for lower powered machines.Needless to say the Ubuntu's, Mandriva's etc are to heavy on resources.  I've tried Xubuntu, Mint XFCE and Cinnamon and though they are all OK I wanted something which was easily configurable like a KDE based distro. I have been using Elementary which I like a lot, but there are limits to how you can configure it, so noticing very good reviews of LXLE i thought I would give it a try. So far I like it a lot, particularly now that I have discoverd how to configure the dock.

Only problem is sound where I cannot get my webcam to work. Output is fine but input just does not seem to work.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    input as in microphone?
  • On some desktop computers you can switch the speakers on and off and on again in between tweaking the input sound setting.Doesn't work on every machine but it worked on mine.
    On the other hand it's a modern machine.

A passing thought, you had your microphone/webcam connected when you first installed LXLE?
    If you didn't perhaps it wasn't recognised later?
  • For some reason it now works >
    Thanked by 1Zaka
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Thanks for letting us know!  image