##Setting the clock##
- Go to http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/
- Pick your layout
- Right click the time in the panel (task bar)
- Click Digital Clock Settings
- Enter code from webpage in Clock Format box
- Click Close
##Setting Fast Forecast (weather icon) Location##
- Go to menu > Then click run
- Enter "gksu gedit /usr/share/applications/fastforecast.desktop" without the quotes
- Then click ok
- Edit the existing zipcodes "17403" to your zip.
- Exit the file and save.
- Right click weather icon next to clock
- Select application launch bar
- Remove fast forecast from left column
- Then ReAdd fast forecast from accessories in right column.
- Click Close and your done.
- "weatherman -m 'varna, bulgaria'; weatherman -mx 'varna, bulgaria'"
##How to stop Random Wallpaper or Conky (gauges) at Startup.##
- Go to menu > Preferences > Desktop Session Settings
- Uncheck which ever one you don't want to run at startup.
- Click OK
- If you want to renable just repeat but check instead of uncheck.
Alternate method if above doesn't work with the computer gods.
- Menu > Accessories > ROXTerm
- Enter “pcmanfm ~/.config/autostart/” without the quotes and hit enter.
- You can either delete the file or simply remove “.desktop” from the filename (right click rename). This will disable it, to renable it in the future re-add “.desktop” to the filename.
##Inducing the “Aero Snap” like feature.##
- Select window you would like to move (either up, down, left or right)
- Hold Super Key (windows key) and press and arrow on the keyboard in desired direction.
- Do the same for the second window you would like to position.
##Inducing the “QuickStart Launcher”##
- Hold “Alt” key and then tap “z” key
- Begin to type what you want to launch.
- Hit enter to launch, or use arrows to find what you want then hit enter.
##Configuring Conky Network Activity##
- Go to menu > Accessories > ROXTerm
- Enter gedit ~/.conkyrc
- Find All “eth0” without the quotes
- Change to your connection usually “eth0, eth1, wlan0, wlan1, wlan2”
- Also easily found in network connections
- Once changed just save and exit.
Works great on an old Dell Dimension 4600C, faster than most new Windows7/8 computers. It has 2.8 P4 Processor and 1 gig of ram. ~Dan