LXLE LS (first beta available)
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    The BackStory

I recently setup a small local garage with Linux. Particularly LXLE which is now handling all their business needs. This led me to attempt an LXLE version specifically designed for small to micro businesses. Probably businesses with 10 or less employees and of course freelancers should be able to install and use the system to handle most business interactions.

What does the LS stand for?

The LS stands for LanShop, which bascially indicates that the main business apps are available to anyone on the 'network' and or 'Lan'.

What can LXLE LS provide?

Point of Sale System
    Employee TimeClock
    Simple LAN CMS SIte
    Business Accounting
    Calendar & Scheduler
    Project Management
    Desktop Office Suite
    Desktop Publishing
    Diagram(s) Creation
    Image Manipulation
    Audio/Video Editing
    Network Integration
    Private File Sharing
    Bulk / Time Email
    Label Designer
    Address Book
    Discipline Help
    Local "Lamp"
    Lan Stats
    and more

The 'Lamp' is comprised of lighttpd, mysql, php and of course Linux.

More details will be available shortly.. for now testing ISOs are available on Sourceforge.

It surely needs input, suggestions and help from all who may test it.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxle/files/Betas/LXLE LanShop/

Thanks,
    Ronnie

P.S. A maintenance update for the standard LXLE OS is also being uploaded to Sourceforge as a beta, this is unscheduled but fixes were needed.
    Thanked by 1Bapi_Linux
  • lxlelxle
    Silly mistake on the 64bit 'beta', in the course of moving configuration files from one build to the next in order to speed up development time by not reinventing the wheel. Apparently 'hidden files' was probably not enable and the .htaccess file associated with the GetSimple CMS system didn't make it in. This was an omission pointed out by a beta tester. A very good example why beta testing is necessary. Although the beta still works, it is best to place the provided .htaccess file in the server directory.

To do so simply download this file. Unzip the htaccess file to the desktop. Go to your menu and select 'System Tools' and 'Lamp Control' click on the 'open' under local host. This will open your local server directory. Simply move or copy the file from the desktop to the directory. Then rename it from htaccess to .htaccess

After doing so the file will seem to disappear, it's simply hidden and can be seen again by enabling show hidden using the right click menu.

Then click 'Refresh' under the Lighttpd area of the Lamp Control app to restart the server.

An update to the 64bit is in progress to correct the issue. Until then this is a simple fix to the omission.
    Thanked by 1iduhkno
  • iduhknoiduhkno
    PMPosts: 161
    I just got another adoption box from Free Geeks, and shall try this out this week.  KUDOS.  What a great idea.
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • Ahh! This is what I am searching for years..... a linux based Point of sale system.  Thank you very much. But only one problem, I want to create a sub menu named "Business Tools" under the main menu and put all the "Lamp Apps" links there  for quick access..... but don't know how to do that. Please help.
    Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

'Lazy people will always find a short-cut for a difficult task"
  • lxlelxle
    The getsimple cms link found in the apps sections gives you easy edit access to the Lanpage.
  • lxlelxle
    nm, now i know what you mean, try the menu editor, you may have to launch it as root.
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    Downloading now will start testing, Good Job Ronnie.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    What is the pos app.?

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
  • lxlelxle
    All the lan apps can be located when you open the browser.
  • lxlelxle
    The first beta is just a rough draft, fine tuning will occur in the following betas until release.
  • How can I change the default sales "Invoice" template in OSPOS ?
    Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

'Lazy people will always find a short-cut for a difficult task"