What is the recommend system requirement?
  • Wondering about what the minimal requierments for LXLE are?

Older hardware, like Pentium era.
    Slightly newer hardware like first Intel Dual Core and firs Core i series.
  • vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65
    Would be nice to see like a formal Nicely edited Recommended specs version :)
  • MalbouryMalboury
    PMPosts: 4
    It's surprisingly effective on some Pentium 4's with 512mb of ram I'm running it on. Some users thought we'd gotten new hardware (compared with previous winXP install.)
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • vaikus84vaikus84
    PMPosts: 65

Minimum requirements: 512mb of ram and at least a P3 or better processor.

Recommended: 1gb or higher and a P4 3.0Ghz or higher
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    PMPosts: 0
    @vaikus84

Thanks for your kind acts of documentation.  As you can well imagine, our support team is hard pressed to develop new things as well as answer questions.  Every time you do something like that, reveal information in a thread, find a gap in the current documentation, you are doing us all a huge favour, the Linux/Ubuntu way.  We are all volunteers here.

Everybody has a different gift of talent, different level of achievement, different perspective, and when we put our noggins together, and work together to make things better, we end up with an awesome product.

Nobody is paid staff around here.  In fact, you'd be surprised to learn that it is rare to receive a donation via the donation buttons, etc.  There's no cash flow here.

So, again, thanks for being part of the team, and helping us with documentation.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
    Thanked by 1vaikus84
  • RobinRobin
    PMPosts: 24
    I'm at the bare minimum of the specs for LXLE (12.04).  I expected to have a kinda sorta okay experience with it, but I'm totally floored. It outruns every distro I've had on this old relic, and it does so with class, beauty, and elegance.  It's truly a delightful surprise.

• LarryLarry
    PMPosts: 1
    I like how much can go all old hardware I've. So I tested LXLE on Intel P-III and P4.
    First PC I tested, Celeron 1,1 gHz. 512 mb ram PC-100, and a PCI Nvidia FX5200. This computer was slow due to processor. Ram, however, was quite enough. So, finally, I installed Crunch Bang.
    Now I'm testing LXLE on a P4 2.8 gHz with HT, 1024 mb ram DDR400 in Dual Channel and a ATi Radeon 9200 SE. Here, LXLE runs fast and fine.
    I must say LXLE is one of the most elegant distros I've tested ever.