firefox/seamonkey can't load custom fonts !!!
  • I use to read a local (BENGALI) newspaper  http://bartamanpatrika.com/   The website uses 2 custom ttf fonts, but on lxle both firefox and seamonkey can't display the pages properly where chrome does. In windows both firefox and chrome does well. I have downloaded and installed these two ttf  fonts in my home/.fonts directory.

Note : firefox / seamonkey on lxle shows other BENGALI websites properly.

How to solve this ? 
    Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

'Lazy people will always find a short-cut for a difficult task"
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Make sure the font show up in your font manager. Also be sure to completely close seamonkey then reopen for it to take effect. No component of seamonkey can be open in order to do a complete fresh start of SM. I downloaded it here and installed it. It appears to be working although the characters are unfamiliar and hard to tell a change.
  • Everything (font manager etc) seems to be ok. On firefox / seamonkey there is an extra character ( similar to  "H") after each and every BANGLA word, due to wrong rendering, i think.  If you open the page in chrome you will notice the difference.
    Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

• This is what firefox / seamonkey shows : 

• This is what chrome shows, which is perfect :

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Dynamic fonts seem to still not be supported in SeaMonkey.
  • I have tested the same web page with mozila firefox V 38.0.5 on windows 7, it works perfectly.
    The problem arises only on linux version of Mozila firefox / Seamonkey.