SeaMonkey Calendar not working?
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I tend to stay away from bundling 'beta' software/versions of anything with LXLE which is the reason Lightning 3.3.3 was enabled by default. However it seems the latest update to SeaMonkey has broken it's functionality. So anyone wishing to get it back to a working state should visit the following site.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/

Please keep in mind that once you install a beta version of an addon, it has a tendency to keep wanting to install beta versions. I have emailed mozilla and made a formal recommendation that point releases should be more frequent considering automatic updates to email clients and browsers. Hopefully in the future they will begin to start following the practice of updating plugins to work with what most of their users are running on their systems.
  • iduhknoiduhkno
    PMPosts: 161
    One needs to ensure that Lightbird is installed, and apparently GNOMErunner/GTK Revived. 
    If not, the calendar cannot be invoked from the Left Side Bar of the desktop, nor the icon at the bottom of the browser, nor the menu drop down window/calendar. 
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • lxlelxle
    SeaMonkey 2.35 requires Lightning 4.0.2 otherwise the Lightbird extension will not work as expected.
    Thanked by 1iduhkno
  • lxlelxle
    SeaMonkey 2.38 requires Lightning 4.3b2 otherwise the Lightbird extension will not work as expected.
    Thanked by 1iduhkno
  • iduhknoiduhkno
    PMPosts: 161
    Today I installed 14.04.4, with Seamonkey.  I added Firefox as well.  I noticed that Firefox had the same LXLE home page as Seamonkey.  Is that because Seamonkey and Firefox are sharing files?  Is this a conflict that I should be aware of?  Or is it just awesome?
    Loving Eclectica, 16.04.2 64bit
  • lxlelxle
    if seamonkey and firefox had the same homepage then you didn't install 14.04.4
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210
    seamonkey 2.40 requires lightning-4.5b1