Bowing out of all social media.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I am making the decision to bow out of all social media sites. Social Media for me has proved to be uncomfortable at best. I usually run into others in which I have some relatively severe differences of opinion. I originally left Facebook over ethics, everything from spying to not being an opensource platform. I had thought I found an excellent alternative in Diaspora* which turned out I was also wrong there as well. In my dealings with the crowd on Diaspora* I have discovered that it is filled with many whose views are so far out of my comfort zone that it has left a disturbing image in my mind of the public in general. Granted I've always been a bit of a loner at least in the sense of just being a regular ole family man where I put most of my personal focus on a happy household. I wrongly thought that perhaps since Diaspora was an opensource platform I would find my crowd and at first I thought I did, however after spending some time there I discovered this was also the wrong assumption. Without going into to too much detail lets just say the views held by the majority there is not something I want to mingle with on a day to day basis any longer. There are a lot of smart people there, yet smart doesn't mean nice, good or stable and yes I too also have issues yet mine are pretty plain vanilla in comparison. So I will eventually be moving TechTyranny.com to its own platform/site where I will continue to post shady current tech news which is an interest/passion of mine. I'm sure this move will alienate some users and while that is not the intention, tolerance of uncomfortable things or people doesn't mean one must be a participant in their daily activities.

Regards,
    Ronnie