creating a custom startup session
  • At the moment I have the openbox menu active and love it. I like lean and simple. I want to use tint2 for my panel. I also want to use Rox along with the pinboard feature. Do I just modify the autostart file or the lxsession preference option?

I want to make sure I am doing this properly.

I'm using lxle 14.04 and LOVE it.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    You should check out crunchbang then. By the time your done with that, that is essentially what you will have. I know crunchbang is dead sorta but there is already a new one. Probably any openbox only distro would be better to build that from rather than trying to tear everything down.
  • I used Crunchbang a lot for quite some time but since it's demise I have been reluctant to give a try. I understand that there is a new one available. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and give it a go.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Ripping everything out of LXLE with all the things you want to do, you're better off with something very minimal.
  • I agree. The only minimal distro that I can think of now is Antix. I'll see if I can find one that is Ubuntu based. Really appreciate your comments!!
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    You can check the mini iso for ubuntu and install it that way and then install the LXDE desktop to it and and have a smaller footprint to play with and add what you want.
    NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • boruncoborunco
    PMPosts: 229
    try this. How to Install A Minimal (And Non-Bloated) Ubuntu On Your Old Laptop.
    maybe that is what you are looking for.

NEVER STOP LEARNING
    Acer Aspire One N270 130Gig ssd 2Gig ram
    LXLE 32bit
    Thanked by 1lxle