Sound issue connecting laptop to TV using HDMI
  • I connect my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable so that I can watch films on a big screen.  I can get the picture just about right by playing with Preferences-->Monitors-->Output-->HDMI1.  However, the sound stays with the laptop and there is no sound from the TV speakers.

When I use windows, I can configure it to enable sound to be output to the HDMI device (TV).  Is there anything I can do in LXLE to accomplish the same?

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Menu>Sound & Video>PulseAudio Volume Control
  • Sorry.  SHOULD have figured that out myself.

On the same topic however, in the PulseAudio Volume Control box under "Output Devices", I set my volume (Front left and right) to 125%.  However, when I watch videos using Kodi 14.x (nee XBMC), the volume keeps reverting back to 100%.  So I have to keep going back to jack it up again.  No such problems using Gnome player or Movie player so the problem is likely with Kodi.

My setup: Dell Inspiron 1525 (32 bit) w dual boot Win XP and LXLE (latest updates installed)

• lxlelxle
    That's a kodi issue most likley.
  • Hi,
    I have the same issue, but even if I change the output in Pulse Audio Control, I have no sound coming from the TV.
    I tried something with gstreamer: changing the output from Pulse Audio to Alsa but it didn't work either, even is the HDMI is been recognized (but just once, it's not there anymore).

My laptop is a Sony Vaio 2xAMD E-350 Processor, with HDA ATI SB Realtek ALC269VB

• Hi,
    I tried that but without success...
    And now the Volume Control Shrotcut doesn't work anymore... When I mute it the sound is still working, and same when I mute it opening Pulse Audio.
    Weird as

• lxlelxle
    It doesn't work anymore because you change the sound server backend, so now it's no longer using pulseaudio. Next time stop by here first and we will hash it out.
  • oh....
    And how can I do that?
  • lxlelxle
    Undo "I tried something with gstreamer: changing the output from Pulse Audio
    to Alsa but it didn't work either, even is the HDMI is been recognized
    (but just once, it's not there anymore)."
  • lxlelxle
    you can launch alsamixer in the terminal and make sure nothing is 'muted' or turned off.