Hey World!!!
  • ShennaShenna
    PMPosts: 1
    Happy Holidays to everyone!  I am a novice with Liinux, however, I am here to learn.  I agree that software should be free to all and customizable.  I would like to know more about Linux and all of it distros.  I am committed in 2015 to learn all I can learn and become an expert!!
    My name is Shenna, I'm from the United States and am a computer enthusiast.  I would like to open a shop and show everybody in this region how Linux works.  We have been spoiled with Windows, all of the pretty interfaces and ease of  use.  Well as far as I can see Linux is very easy to use.  Linux also doesn't use all of your RAM and HDD. 
    Enough of me, lets get down to business!! Have a safe holiday season.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    My first tip would be, try to not think of things in linux along the same line as windows. It tends to be the biggest stumbling block. Also once you've gotten used to Lubuntu Software Center, the real software application that is a must learn is synaptic. While it uses the same libraries as LSC it's full featured where LSC is limiting.
  • there is no money in it
    but you could do a shop selling computers and offer linux as an alternative
    the fun thing about linux is that you can get involved in any aspect of it, from promoting to developing to helping others and so on
    it makes a great gift