GUI to manage the touchpad
  • Hi!

I think LXLE should work well out of the box for laptops. LXLE is awesome for old computers, many of which are desktops, but increasingly, old computers will be laptops. And LXLE is awesome on a modern laptop as your main computer.

Thus, LXLE should have good basic laptop settings out of the box. There are several forum threads about power management so I know this is a concern being worked on. Great!

I think there should be a GUI to manage the touchpad, such as this one:
    (I didn't compare them, it's just to illustrate)

Perhaps the installation wizard should ask if it's a laptop and activate touchpad, power management, etc. ?

Thanks!
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    touchpad indicator has been in the lxle ppa for some time now
  • Ok, I see now. Well done!  

Preferences -> Pointing devices (with a mouse-over of "Set your mouse and touchpad preferences")

I was looking at Preferences -> Keyboard and mouse, which brings me to "Input Device Preferences", which has settings for Mouse and Keyboard. So we have related settings in two places (which is hard to avoid). 
    When I type Alt-Z (which is really nifty by the way) and then type "TouchPad" or "Mouse", I don't get to Preferences -> Pointing devices. Would it be possible that this mouse-over text (and even perhaps the text of the title window) be included in the Alt-Z filter? Of we could include keywords manually somehow?

Thanks!

• hmmm, I did a fresh install on another computer (LXLE 12.04.5) and I don't see Preferences -> Pointing devices (with a mouse-over of "Set your mouse and touchpad preferences")

Perhaps I got mixed up? or it's just in 14?

Thanks!