• jeanjean
    PMPosts: 1
    Hi all at LXLE

Just discovered Linux a few months ago whilst I was getting headaches on windows 8.1. Got fed up of so much bloatware, adverts and such a busy apps screen.
    I am not computer litterate as such and I am getting on a bit - silver surfer - but linux facinate me. I can just about put an iso on a usb stick and that's how I could try several distros. I just discovered LXLE a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. However I have sooo much to learn......
    i wondered if there was a way to do a category for beginners, meaning Linux/LXLE new fans.
    Thank you for your excellent work LXLE.
  • ZakaZaka
    PMPosts: 202
    Advice?

Just USE the distro of your choice and hit your favorite search engines when you have a problem ~ select the most recent answers  (read more than one!)  in the better forums for your solutions and slowly, you'll acquire all you need.

Computing is really all about getting our pcs to do work we need/enjoy ~ it's not about feeding, burping and wiping the bum of the operating system all the time.

The thing about most Linux distros (especially LXLE) is that you can get it the way YOU like it and then just keep it updated.  (Not nearly the tooth pull as the Windoze environment.)

Enjoy!
  • @jean I have to also mention that the link I posted is to an unofficial resource.
  • To learn the commands   Http://linuxcommand.org

Please click on "Mark as Solved" if your original question / problem got solved. This will help others.

'Lazy people will always find a short-cut for a difficult task"