Leaving LXLE, but still supporting the DISTRO!
  • Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to say how blown away I am with this distro, its loyal community, and the level of personal dedication that [THE DISTRO CREATOR] has displayed in creating this distro. You all have really opened my eyes to what a Linux community should be. Thank you all for that.

I've sadly decided to move towards a more resource heavy distro. Not just because I'm now finding myself having to do many work arounds, but because I am becoming an advocate in my local community to the power and beauty of Linux. I need to show the base users of windows that Linux can be pretty to win them over before I show them what it can do!

In starting KALUG (Kingston Android & Linux Users Group), I will be pushing LXLE as the flag ship distro for persons who want functionality, who are gamers, or who have older hardware. I have no doubt that what support I cannot offer them, the community can.

Thanks again for everything you've all helped me to learn.

Miauriel
    ~MU

Running LXLE on a Toshiba Satellite L65006Q 4GB RAM
    "A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." George S. Patton
    Thanked by 1Zaka
  • RobinRobin
    PMPosts: 24
    After installing this, I love it.  All my previous explorations of LXDE were buggy and messy.  LXLE (12.04) is flawless and fast.  Until I tried LXLE I feared that my computer had reached the end of it's useful life (it's near 10 years old).  Now it's good until April 2017 - and I'll have graduated by then!  :D

• shit someone on the FB site said you did! Ill change that

~MU

Running LXLE on a Toshiba Satellite L65006Q 4GB RAM
    "A piece of spaghetti or a military unit can only be led from the front end." George S. Patton
  • What distribution did you end up using personally and why?