Why the long settings dialog?
  • Hi,

So I tried LXLE while trying to get a 10 year old laptop up and running and found that LXLE really pretty much the only thing I can get to run on it at all reliably and be useful. That said though, I ran into a hick-up of sorts while looking around in Users and Groups settings.

The Change Advanced User Settings opens very tall for what it actually has to present on screen and it can't be shortened. I installed LXLE on a VM on my own computer and found that the dialog's minimum height is somewhere around 843 pixels which is about a third longer than what it needs to be to display everything on the longest tab it has without scrolling. The LCD on this laptop has a native resolution of 1024x768.

What this leads to is that the OK and Cancel buttons are off the screen and there is no way to click them other than hitting tab and then enter and hoping that the correct button was highlighted. I haven't run into this anywhere else but in this one window so far.

• lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    That bug has been around for quite a while, from time to time you might run into similar issues with other apps where this bug occurs, it hasn't been addressed as far as I know. However, there is a work around, which works with any window you want to move. Simply hold down and 'alt' key and click anywhere in the window you want to move and drag it to where you want. This will allow you to move the window to see the cancel or OK buttons.
    Thanked by 2RockinKat Zaka