A better desktops pager/indicator
  • ktaragornktaragorn
    PMPosts: 9
    A very simple tutorial. LXLE by default comes with 2 different lxpanel plugins for showing the different workspaces that are active (the 2 small boxes on the panel which show the 2 desktops). The one used by default is very basic and lacks many of the features if u are used to the one in Gnome 2.

There is a second plugin called WNCKpager, which works exactly like how the Gnome2 pager worked( full screen apps shown with their icon, and most awesomely, can drag and drop from one to another). To enable this, simply right click on the panel -> Edit -> remove the Simple pager -> Add the WNCKPager to your panel -> Profit!!

p.s. Is there a reason why this isnt the default? Is there a significant performance loss?
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Ya, originally I didn't go with it because the other pager offers easier access to "Pager Settings' when you right click on it, however considering that particular feature is a bit buggy and or hit or miss and the wnckpager provides a few nice features regardless of the lack of 'Pager Settings' menu. I may have to consider a last minute switch before release.
  • I may have miss under stood, but didn't I read that the new Lxpanel will only have the WNCHPager?
    I hope they fix the indicator applet too.