Print Images From File Manager (pcmanfm & Desktop)
  • rfry85rfry85
    PMPosts: 210

http://imgur.com/WGMrcfs.jpg

If you ever need to print an Image from you file manager, here is one way to do it.

To get more control on the layout, there is a small app in the repos, called photoprint. It allows you to layout and print different images, on the same sheet.

To get it, either use your favourite software app, or from the command line...

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install photoprint

To add it to pcmanfm's right click menu, go to menu/system/fm custom actions

***Note:A quick warning. Fm Custom Actions seems to be a little flaky. So I
    recommend that you save your action after every line, to avoid having to
    retype to many entries. This app seems to, for no apparent reason
    suddenly stop saving information, at which point you just have to
    restart it. But after you get your action set up they work just fine.

When It opens...

1. Create a new action: Click on the Button under the File menu.
    2. Select the "Action"tab : Give it a name (something like "Print Image"). Give it an Icon or not. Make sure that "Display action in selection context menu" is checked, and "Display Item in location context menu is not".
    3. Select the "command" tab: Change the Path to     photoprint      Change the Parameters to    %F   
    4. Select the "Mimetype" filter tab: Change   *     to       image/*     press enter after doing so.

Now save and exit FM Custom Actions, Logout and back in. Now whenever your in the file manager, or on the Desktop, If you right click on an Image(s) you should have the option to print the image(s).

Hint:
    Ever want to print an image quickly from your Image Viewer, only to find there is no print option?  I have noticed, that a lot of viewers don't have a print option. But since Shotewell is already installed and it does have a viewer with the print option, along with a photo size setting, It's a quick way to print an image.

Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    Nice, I think you can put this right inside of mirage image viewer as well under the edit menu and custom actions. If you get time, let me know if it works for you like that also.
  • Thanks @lxle I didn't realize there were custom actions.
    In the edit/custom actions menu. The command is      photoprint %F       Then just name it and give it a shortcut.  It doesn't seem to work as might want for multiple pics, but for a quick print it's great.

Although,  couldn't find a way to add it inside the viewer .
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    photprint or photoprint?
  • Yes Typo! I'll fix it. It's    photoprint
    Thanked by 1lxle