Lets get this straight right now about posting.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    1. The 'support' forums are not for bitching about other distro's. Personally I don't care what distro you're using, we are all in this together, its all Linux, bad mouthing other distros and or encouraging in-fighting between distributions doesn't do anyone any good. There are far too many other things that need to be worked on and or figured out, we don't need to be involved in pissing matches.

2. If you can't take the time to read the 'about' page and or anything else that may be in the documentation about LXLE purpose, goals, target hardware and or why the distro exist in its current form, then you don't need to bother posting ideas that go directly against what LXLE is trying to accomplish.

3. Posting statements that are either not true because you don't use the distro or perhaps because didn't take the time to explore it because you may have started it up in a VM and used it for five minutes before coming to the conclusion that you had lots of stuff to say about it, doesn't qualify you as a 'user with suggestions'

4. Claiming dictatorship for keeping irrelevant nonsense out of the forums only shows your unwillingness to become informed about the os and or use the os before posting, I don't really use debian and because of that you won't catch me in a debian forum giving ideas about its shortcomings or how it should be more like something else or what it 'needs'.

5. Wanting the distro to be either exactly like Windows or some other distribution is not the goal, if LXLE was supposed to be a virtual clone of another operating system then what would be the point of the OS itself, also no where on the lxle website does it say that its an attempt to cater to former windows users or the novice, the site says its for aging computers that formerly were running xp, vista, 7 etc. and making the distro more like lubuntu or any other distro would be pointless work, in otherwords, why make it exactly like something else when you could just use that 'something else' OS.

In short, be an actual user of LXLE, take time to read things like the about page and other documentation provided here and on the LXLE wiki, and asks actual support questions or make real suggestions of where or what the OS should attempt to make better. Ideas are a dime a dozen, good ideas and suggestions take real work and or experience using the OS. The forums are not to be filled up with a bunch of non issues/suggestions from non readers and or non users. If you find yourself wanting it to be more like something else, then thank goodness that something else already exist that you can go use. That's what so many distro's are for anyway, its about finding whats right for you, not trying to conform everything to be exactly the same.
  • baddogbaddog
    PMPosts: 1
    Well Stated,   thank you.  My first visit I like your philosophy.

baddog

PS: thanks for the invite.
  • Roger That!! Well said.  My first visit also.
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!!
    ---rob
    p.s.  thanks to < mrwislr - at - xxxxxx.net > for quick invite!
    Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!